Thank you Dennis Allen (1 Viewer)

Yeah I would say this is the best defense we have had in nearly 30 years.

We no longer have a weak spot covering the slot, running backs or tight ends (thanks to players like Davis, Alexander and CGJ along with Jenkins). There is so much speed on this defense.

Best run defense we have had in the Sean Payton era.

Lets be honest he deserved the criticism after the GB and Raiders games. I just don't understand the slow starts with this defense it puts the teams in early holes in the season and they have to dig themselves out of it, it shouldn't be like that.

With that being said yes the defense is on fire and is playing at a championship caliber right now. It has to keep the momentum going because we saw what happened in the playoffs last year.

Dennis Allen and Jeff Ireland
Jeff Ireland

-David
-Rankins
-Lattimore
-Shy Tuttle
-CJGJ
-Trex
-Marcus Davenport
-Ganderson
-Thor
-Williams
-PJ Williams

Von Bell probably regretting trusting his agent, but we improvedm

Woahhhh

Man. Seems like just a few weeks ago so many were calling for his head

Just give me a dominating defense in January and February and I will sing DA's praises forever and a day. I need him to prove me wrong in January because as great as we look now, I always have that "But will he have the defense ready to get us over the hump come playoff time" thought in my mind.

Seems like every year his defense lays a few clunkers to start the season, then they get better and better...but this group is the best he’s had here...

This is definitely our best D since the Dome Patrol heydays. As I've mentioned on some other threads, the the thing this D has that the Dome Patrol did not is a great secondary. Now that we've got Kwon, this D is above average at all three levels. The Dome Patrol had a great front 7--very good nose tackle in Big Jim Wilks and 4 absolutely outstanding linebackers--but a mediocre secondary.

DA has really got them focused. The highest praise has to go to our personnel staff though. They have put together these hungry animals over the last few years.

DA has really got them focused. The highest praise has to go to our personnel staff though. They have put together these hungry animals over the last few years.
You can add Jeff Ireland on that list too because you can definitely see the difference in quality of draft picks making the team and contributing in big and subtle ways too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom