Thank you Dennis Allen (1 Viewer)

You can add Jeff Ireland on that list too because you can definitely see the difference in quality of draft picks making the team and contributing in big and subtle ways too.

he is the one I was mostly referring to. But we don’t know how much pull each of those guys have so I just talk about he And his staff along with Sean and Loomis as the personnel decision guys. Whatever the case, they have been money over the last few and the main reason we are contenders again.

we're definitely going to need Drew back in time for the Chiefs game. Our d is good but we are going to need to try and keep up with scoring because we will need at least 21 to 28 points to win that game.
Mahomes has started 47 games in his career, including the playoffs.

The Chiefs have been held under 23 points just once during this time (scored 13 vs the Colts in 2019).

Oddly enough he started off his career with 23 such games and currently has a streak going of 23 games.

If we hold him under 23, then in the immortal words of Jim Henderson, get ready to party with the Lombardi.

The trade for Kwon Alexander was a major move. Since the majority of time the defense only plays 2 linebackers, it needs two sideline to sideline guys who have great football instincts. It also allows Davis to play with abandon. I have been asking for more LB speed for 4 years now and it appears that we finally have it.

Well then, if Dennis Allen is able to keep the Saints defense on point, is it possible that he finds himself interviewing for a head coaching job? It’s looking like there will be quite a few openings.

Just give me a dominating defense in January and February and I will sing DA's praises forever and a day. I need him to prove me wrong in January because as great as we look now, I always have that "But will he have the defense ready to get us over the hump come playoff time" thought in my mind.

yep, lets take a look (or not) the past 3 playoffs have gone. Okay granted the refs screwed them in one of those games, but the saint's defense folded in overtime of that game (although I guess that could be a little too harsh since Drew threw an int on yet another missed non-call by the refs -a rams defender hit his helmet/facemask-), and we all know what happened in the final 12 seconds of the Minnesota game in 2018, or the game last year vs minnesota in overtime

Lets be honest he deserved the criticism after the GB and Raiders games. I just don't understand the slow starts with this defense it puts the teams in early holes in the season and they have to dig themselves out of it, it shouldn't be like that.

With that being said yes the defense is on fire and is playing at a championship caliber right now. It has to keep the momentum going because we saw what happened in the playoffs last year.

I believe in the beginning were simply communication issues and M. Jenkins was new to the secondary. There was no chemistry yet back there. Bringing Kwon in helped the pass defense as well.

The trade for Kwon Alexander was a major move. Since the majority of time the defense only plays 2 linebackers, it needs two sideline to sideline guys who have great football instincts. It also allows Davis to play with abandon. I have been asking for more LB speed for 4 years now and it appears that we finally have it.

I love the morphing nature that all these athletes allow our D to take on. You don’t know what CJGJ will be doing on any play, we have Linebackers that can cover and safeties that can do things in the box. Add all that To a rotation at line that is always coming and this defense is giving people nightmares right now.

I think the slow starts are more related to no preseason and shorter training camp.

And reducing offseason workouts that used to be "voluntary". It's probably much like kids going back to school after summer break. They've likely retained much of what they did last year. But until it's implemented and practiced regularly to where they understand each other's roles and communication requirements, it just doesn't look like it. Much more thinking going on early vs playing / reacting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom