Thank you Drew and Marques and Deuce (1 Viewer)

tristang

Banned
Reaction score
Drew Brees and Colston.

You three showed up today.

You three did everything possible to win the game.

Other people let you down.

Drew throws a first down pass to Miller. Fumble.

Drew drives down the field, Bush fumbles.

Drew drives down the field, throws a 3rd down completion for first down, Copper fumbles.

There are alot of people who need to apologize to Drew Brees today.

Yeti

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The defense letting a no name running back getting 200+ yards has to take up 80% of the blame.

DMaestro

Sucker Puncher
Reaction score
While other guys are apologizing to Drew, he should be thanking the teammate who recovered HIS fumble. He might also wanna thank the two Steelers players who dropped easy interceptions.

It was a fairly sloppy game all around.

OP

tristang

Banned
Reaction score
While other guys are apologizing to Drew, he should be thanking the teammate who recovered HIS fumble. He might also wanna thank the two Steelers players who dropped easy interceptions.

It was a fairly sloppy game all around.

Please. Drew played to win the game. So did Colston, so did Deuce. Take away the fumbles, and Drew wins us another one.

new city champ

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's not just that we aren't getting picks, it's that we aren't even getting close to getting any. It's just weird man. We are either really poor on the back end or we are going to get a bunch the rest of the year.

Brad01

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Other than the fumble and a dropped pass, Reggie had a very good game today against a good rushing defense. 49 yards on 10 carries and 40 yards on 7 catches. I thought he looked a lot more smooth running the ball, not nearly as much dancing.

The turning point in the game in my opinion was either Reggie's drop early in the 3rd quarter, or probably a bigger turning point was Jahri's personal foul penalty a play or two later. Instead of 3rd and 6 in 2 down territory, it's 3rd and 21, and they still almost convert. If there's no penalty, and most likely they convert there, they go up by two scores and likely win.

Forest

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, Drew had a great game, but saying the rest of the team didn't show up is just silly. I mean, Drew fumbled the ball too that led to a missed field goal.

saint_brees

Reaction score
Yes, Drew had a great game, but saying the rest of the team didn't show up is just silly. I mean, Drew fumbled the ball too that led to a missed field goal.
he fumbled running trying to get a 1st and the fumble was recovered by the saints. this caused the missed fieldgoal ????

KYSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Drew Brees and Colston.

You three showed up today.

You three did everything possible to win the game.

Other people let you down.

Drew throws a first down pass to Miller. Fumble.

Drew drives down the field, Bush fumbles.

Drew drives down the field, throws a 3rd down completion for first down, Copper fumbles.

There are alot of people who need to apologize to Drew Brees today.

Well, thankfully Marques, Deuce, and Drew have enough class to know the lose as a team and no one owes them anything but effort. It's football man. People make mistakes. Drew knows he had 2 picks dropped and he wasn't perfect. Everybody (even Marques) dropped a ball today.

I'm not happy Reggie put the ball on the ground or that he dropped a first down. I'm not happy that Copper dropped a big pass and put the ball on the ground. The guy made a hell of a catch on that first touchdown. It's a shame he lost the ball on that final drive. Maybe he'll know now why Joe gets down when he makes a catch like that (in the middle of the field and not sure where a defender is coming from)

I'm sure those guys who made turnovers or had key penalties feel worse than we do.

As for those guys needing an apology? Well, like I said, I just think guys on this team know the effort is there. If you're looking to support a team who calls out it's players and feuds on the field you can find them on the opposing sidelines of our next game wearing that ugly orange and black.

KYSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Please. Drew played to win the game. So did Colston, so did Deuce. Take away the fumbles, and Drew wins us another one.
So you are saying that Reggie and Copper weren't playing to win the game because they had turnovers? Amazing how some fans think.

Watching Chris Henry last week not go up after a ball on their final play is an example of a person who quits. Not putting the ball on the ground

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And you're saying that other players who made mistakes weren't playing to win today? DMaestro is right, Drew had a few breaks that could have changed the appearance of his performance today and really altered the course of the game. None of that is said to take anything away from Drew -- like most fans, he's a favorite of mine, too -- but the difference in him today, and say Copper or Bush, is that he caught the breaks on potentially bad plays.

hardhead233

In Bresus we trust
Reaction score
One of the positives I felt during this game was watching the offense work, man the potential these guys have...Scary!!! Once we start putting some of the defensive pieces to puzzle in place I see a bright future.....

peytonknows

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The defense letting a no name running back getting 200+ yards has to take up 80% of the blame.
While 200 yards is horrible. I wouldn't call Parker a no name running back. Do you watch football at all?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Drew Brees Talks Taysom, Getting Back on Track vs Packers in Week 3 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints' Drew Brees pushes back on notion he's in decline: 'I feel good, borderline great' SR News Page Articles 0
The internet says Drew Brees is cooked. He says he feels 'good, borderline great' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees still confident, feels “Borderline great” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew and the offense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Where is Drew's head at? It's not all physical. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 49
Article: Is Drew Brees done? USA Today - Really Interesting Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 55
Tony1Saintfan Drew’s shirt Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Andrus Drew Brees following MNF defeat: 'We're not even close to what we're capable of' SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Should we be concerned about Drew Brees and the Saints? SR News Page Articles 0
Saints What is Drew saying when he says "I'm not here to make air yards" Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Drew Brees explains momentum-swinging interception in Saints loss: 'Shouldn't have thrown it' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Saints offense: “Not even close to what we’re capable of” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Drew Brees acts his age in off-target loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Billgluckman Drew brees (yeah I know) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 105
Need a reminder of Drew Brees' iconic Monday Night football history? Check out his pre-game cleats Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Empty stadiums may make the hard count more effective for veteran QBs like Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview with the Enemy: Las Vegas Raiders expect to upset Drew Brees and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees and Tom Brady finish 1st showdown as divisional foes seeking more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bigcarlittlewill Drew Brees licked his fingers 66 times or more last night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Watch: On Drew Brees' day, Demario Davis' contract, Jenkins' pick-six, more as Saints beat Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Drew Brees Postgame After Week 1 Win vs. Buccaneers | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Saints QB Drew Brees breaks Brett Favre's career passing attempts record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees breaks career pass attempts record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If Drew Brees retired this offseason, the Saints' plan was to pursue Tom Brady: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bucs' Tom Brady vs. Saints' Drew Brees is QB matchup for the ages Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees thought 2017 was going to be his final season. Then he started having fun again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees and Sean Payton's 'unbelievable journey' now entering its 15th season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
superchuck500 Nice new piece from Luke Johnson (Advocate) on Sean/Drew relationship Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Drew Brees New Orleans Saints Swing Vote Series Bobblehead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Will Drew Brees go deep? And will Cam Jordan finally get his due? Top Saints storylines Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints legend Marques Colston announced as 2021 Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame inductee SR News Page Articles 0
Marques Colston, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Glenn Dorsey headline Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame 2021 induction class Saints RSS News Feeds 0