Thank you, Drew (1 Viewer)

BornVc15

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't been a Saints fan for quite as long as many of you. But as a fan since that high-powered 2011 season, I felt a bit of sadness for the first time as I thought about the fact that Drew's career may have come to a close without a SB win since I've been cheering for him/them. I did watch the SB Win, but wasn't a big Saints fan at the time so it hit differently.

Really thought there was a good chance we'd see a Jordan/Elway/Lewis/Manning type end to a glorious career. Even without that, it's still an amazing run and we have a lot to be thankful for.

There's part of me that hopes he comes back for one more season even if I know that may not be the best move. Either way, there's only one thing left to say........

Thank you, Drew.

Was thinking of posting something like this myself. If he really is done, you are about to find out what the Saints were like before Drew.

Was thinking of posting something like this myself. If he really is done, you are about to find out what the Saints were like before Drew.

Yeah you're right. Haven't felt that quite yet.

Just saw the post-game broadcast on the Final Play. Brees was shown hugging Tom Brady while throwing the ball around with his kids. Drew and his wife, Brittany, were embracing each other. It is pretty clear that he is eetiring. Drew Brees deserves our gratitude for making the Saints perennial post-season contenders. I have been a life long Saints fan for 56 years, and I have seen everything with the Saints. Drew Brees brought a competitive and winning spirit to the Saints and our City. We will miss him, but we should be forever grateful to him, and his wife, for all they did for the Saints, the City, and the State.

Thank u drew for changing our team from a laughing stock to a great organization. I truly love u and at the same time don’t know you

Yeah you're right. Haven't felt that quite yet.

I was telling my brother when I lived in lafayette in high school before I was into football like now, we used to be happy just seeing the saints won. Never really expected make the playoffs. But learning we got Brees and drafting Reggie Bush was exciting. I think alot of newer fans dont understand how hard it is to find a qb in this league and how great Brees actually was. If Winston doesnt pan out or A good one dont fall in draft. expect 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 seasons for a while.

I was telling my brother when I lived in lafayette in high school before I was into football like now, we used to be happy just seeing the saints won. Never really expected make the playoffs. But learning we got Brees and drafting Reggie Bush was exciting. I think alot of newer fans dont understand how hard it is to find a qb in this league and how great Brees actually was. If Winston doesnt pan out or A good one dont fall in draft. expect 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 seasons for a while.

Yeah, the NFL is a cruel place for teams without a franchise QB. The Bills made 4 straight Super Bowls 25 years ago and then didn’t win a playoff game until this season. The Bears were a pillar of the league but haven’t found a QB since McMahon in the mid-80s. We have great young talent and a rock solid organization, but having that rock at QB is invaluable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom