Thank You "Or Kansas". (1 Viewer)

Teams don't consistently win close games because of luck. They win them because of preparation. Please stop buying into every comment those idiots on TV spit out for commentary and weak humor. That "toss over the shoulder" play to the kicker has been very successful for LSU. Guess what? They practice it every week. You can get a few lucky bounces, but only a buffoon would think that could possibly translate into as impressive of a record as Miles has since coming to LSU.

Or they win just because they have bigger, faster more athletic players...

All the preparation in the world won't let me beat Tiger Woods in golf.

I'll give the guy credit for his recruiting capabilities outside QB, but to claim his preparation and mental gameplanning is the reason is just ludicrous. I mean yea, they do practice. But it's nothing earth shattering like you are suggesting.

But I'm not going to take away from the toss over the shoulder plays, they have done pretty well for us. He has done a good job with those trick plays and kudo's to him for NOT calling it during the Arkansas game. I was watching and they clearly were ready for it. It would have been a disaster of epic proportions. (He still should have had something else ready though for that game, that was horrible.)

When had any team ever lost the last 3 games of the season and go on to win the Super Bowl? The fact it's never been done before doesn't really matter. But even still, Miles did away with it after 1 season.

In 2008, we had 2 freshmen at QB, neither of which was ready to be a starter. At the end of that season, Jefferson played well enough to get starting consideration the next year. In 2009, we had Jefferson getting his first real playing time. But he was still a sophomore, a very young one at that. 2010 was the first time since 2007 we had an experienced upperclassman at QB. It's hard to place ALL the blame on a coach when you don't have the horses.

Personally, I did see improvement from 2008 to 2009. Jefferson's completion % in 2009 was over 8% higher than Lee's in 2008, his YPA was .30 higher than Lee's, he also had 4 more TDs and 9 fewer INTs. There was definitely reason to think Jefferson would be a top 5 SEC QB this season, what with a full season of starting experience and being a junior. But he regressed, badly.

I haven't been a fan of Crowton's at all, but I can't blame him for the 2008 offense. And if you didn't see improvement from 2008 to 2009 passing-wise, you didn't want to see it.

This would be nice if it wouldn't have been for the PATHETIC quarterback display this season in 2010. At some point, you just gotta develop a dang quarterback. JJ is a Junior and Lee is a redshirt Junior... NEITHER can seperate themselves and become an impact player (I mean a positive impact, not holding on the ball for ten years or throwing interceptions all the time or whatever.)

Or they win just because they have bigger, faster more athletic players...

We didn't have bigger, faster, more athletic players than Florida or Bama :idunno:

All the preparation in the world won't let me beat Tiger Woods in golf.

Even when Tiger was at his best, he didn't win every time. He got beat by many inferior opponents. So preparation may not allow YOU to beat him, it would an above-average golfer. And that's a much closer comparison. Comparing you to Tiger isn't the equivalent of comparing any two FBS/FCS college football teams.

This would be nice if it wouldn't have been for the PATHETIC quarterback display this season in 2010. At some point, you just gotta develop a dang quarterback. JJ is a Junior and Lee is a redshirt Junior... NEITHER can seperate themselves and become an impact player (I mean a positive impact, not holding on the ball for ten years or throwing interceptions all the time or whatever.)

That's my point. Before this season, a lot of our QB issues could be attributed to youth and inexperience more than anything. This year, there are no excuses.

I'd like to give props to the Razorbacks. Especially to their coaches. They definately out coached LSU in just about every aspect, from confusing the ever confused QB from the first snap to clock management. I'd also like to thank them in advance for hopefully getting some of LSU's staff fired.

They didn't do it alone, but you see, if the Mad Hatter somehow pulled this one out of his you know what, I was afraid to hear during the Sugarbowl how we hired another coach who was friends with Gary Crowton.

I guess I am saying I want Crowton-- at the very LEAST just Crowton-- fired. I'm saying it now, because when it should have been done last year, the next bit of news we heard was that he got Florida's WR coach because he was good friends with Crowton-- which meant another year of pulling out your hair with the most horrible offense you've ever seen on a championship calibur team.

And I say at the very least because this game was classic 3rd and Chavis. I think I want to throw up. But I'll forgive Chavis, and I'll even forgive Miles. After all, he somehow managed 10 wins, including Alabama, and only lost by one score to Auburn and Arkansas despite not having a QB, though he should shoulder some blame for that.

But at the very least, the one person who has to go-- the one person who has consistantly gotten worse each year-- Gary Crowton-- needs to be fired. So I'm happy that now I don't have to hope we jump TCU in the BCS and that I have to hope on of the beter teams-- Auburn and Oregon-- somehow lose. Because those two teams deserve to be in the NC. And LSU deserves to suffer for Les Miles decision to fire Gary Crowton a season to late. Its not just clock management. Maybe Miles needs to go too. Its a damn shame all this talent, especially at WR and RB, has been wasted, especially when we had a defense and special teams that could have won a National Championship if they could count on the offense to balance things out just a little. In my heart of hearts, the week before we played Auburn I really hoped LSU went undefeated this year, won the National Championship, and that the AD fired Miles and Crowton anyway for underproducing.

When the head coach has fans asking for his head at 7-0, he's not doing something right. When you feel the other team deserves to win almost every game, and you are upset after a win, something isn't right. It's time for change.

I can respect your opinion but who would you rather have at HC than Miles?

There is some good discussion in this thread. I've been frustrated with Miles in the past, but his good traits as a HC far outweigh his perveived bad traits. Is being loyal to players a bad thing? That's probably a huge reason why he is a good recruiter because he is loyal. It seems my frustration lies with Crowton. It's like Mora and Carl Smith. I like Mora, but Carl Smith was horrible. It's the same thing, Miles is a good/great/successful HC, but Crowton is horrible as an OC in the SEC. He would probably be fine at another school, but whe he does isn't effective. I support a change at OC and we just need an identity on offense. We have the D and ST identity, just get an O that matches it and we'll be back on top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom