Thank you! "Wendy's drops 'red pigtail' ad campaign" (1 Viewer)

Are you glad Wendy's is dropping their "red pigtail' ad campaign?

• Yes, I hated it.

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • No, it didn't bug me.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Other, I'll explain.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
I'm glad to see this is among the Super Bowl ads we won't have to endure:

MSNBC
Wendy's drops 'red pigtail' ad campaign
'It was a love it or hate it kind of spot'
updated 1 hour, 21 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Wendy's International Inc. will scrap its eight-month old advertising campaign — much of it built on young men wearing a red wig with braided pigtails — amid continued weak sales, the nation's third-largest hamburger chain announced Monday.

The campaign, which debuted during the season finale of "American Idol" in May, has generated attention, but hasn't translated into improved sales, the company said.

"It was a love it or hate it kind of spot," said Bob Holtcamp, Wendy's vice president of brand marketing.

READ MORE
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22885403/

all those ads did was make me hold the TV remote to change the channel till I thought it was over.

"It was a love it or hate it kind of spot," said Bob Holtcamp, Wendy's vice president of brand marketing.

Were there actually people out there who "got the joke?" Was there even a discernible joke to the commercials? I wouldn't say I "hated" the ad campaign in the sense that I turned the channel every time it came on. But count me among the people that would say, "What the heck are they going for here?" I just think it was a stupid idea.

One of the worst ad campaigns in a long time. Just awful. "That's Right." Wow, what a brilliant slogan!

And, I might add, a pretty transparent rip-off of the Arby's red cowboy hat above their heads ads.

Last edited:
Now, if only Snickers would drop their commercials of late especially the one where they throw the trash cans at the car. I swear I hit the mute button or change the channel when I seeing it's coming on.

Now, if only Snickers would drop their commercials of late especially the one where they throw the trash cans at the car. I swear I hit the mute button or change the channel when I seeing it's coming on.

What! That commercial kicks ***! It has a pilgrim in it, enough said

Speaking of pilgrims. Or something. I have no idea. But I love it. Im going to buy some starburst brb.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkvhnRAd4V0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkvhnRAd4V0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Well, at least that commercial was funny. The Wendy's ones were stupid............and more stupid.

I thought the one with all the Abes on it was alright....and this first one was a little funny...but after seeing it twice, and then again, again....it got old very fast.

like wendys-mabye my third burger choice tho'-i like thier 99c stuff

dont really care about the commercials-not gonna dictate if i eat there or not

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom