Thankful for this year, despite how it ended (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I am thankful and enjoyed the ride from this team over the year.

Thank you Payton, Brees, MT, Kamara, the defense and everyone involved including all of you on here. It was a hell of a ride. I have a different opinion of this forum than what I originally had years ago when I left this place and ventured off elsewhere.

Shame how it ended, but what can you do about it? I'm trying so hard not to be angry and post a bunch of seething rants about this, cause at the end of the day, us fans cannot do anything to prevent or change an outcome.

I'm thankful for what we've witnessed this year and last year too. During those 7-9 seasons, many of us were losing hope and didn't think we'd ever witness a deep playoff run this late in Brees career. At least we got to see it when it looked like we were forever stuck in mediocrity.

same.

I really believe that its time for Drew. If he gives us another year, feel blessed.

Just wanted to say I am thankful and enjoyed the ride from this team over the year.

Thank you Payton, Brees, MT, Kamara, the defense and everyone involved including all of you on here. It was a hell of a ride. I have a different opinion of this forum than what I originally had years ago when I left this place and ventured off elsewhere.

Shame how it ended, but what can you do about it? I'm trying so hard not to be angry and post a bunch of seething rants about this, cause at the end of the day, us fans cannot do anything to prevent or change an outcome.

I'm thankful for what we've witnessed this year and last year too. During those 7-9 seasons, many of us were losing hope and didn't think we'd ever witness a deep playoff run this late in Brees career. At least we got to see it when it looked like we were forever stuck in mediocrity.

same.

I really believe that its time for Drew. If he gives us another year, feel blessed.
Big time. Maybe he'll play a little more to get some distance on his records. Hard to imagine getting back to another home NFC title game. Dunno.

I'm not. It was an abortion by the NFL. A movie can be 95% great but with a terrible ending that makes no sense, it's a BAD MOVIE. If you like watching pro wrestling where everything's fixed, I guess keep sending the NFL your paychecks. Whatever floats your boat. But tonight was a travesty. Every one of us should be insulted and embarrased for spending one red cent or one second of time on this product.

same.

This should've been his swan song IMO.

I wanted to see him go out like Manning did in his final year. Before anyone gives me a hard time; yes, I know. The Broncos carried the corpse of Peyton Manning to a SB where he played awful and they still won. But after watching heartbreak after heartbreak after heartbreak for years with those Colts teams that would screw it all up for him, he deserved to go out that way. So does Brees, whom has compiled a playoff record that pretty much mirrors Manning's at this point.

The defense tried so hard to do that this year for Brees but they simply weren't a historical unit like the 2015 Broncos, nor could they make up for an obvious non-call by the refs.

I honestly feel like the Saints offense simply ran out of gas. Yes, we got robbed by the refs but the past month and a half, it's felt eerily similar to the 2014 Broncos when their season ended in a similar way; Manning was the front runner in the MVP race...until they ran into the Rams and got held to 7 points. He was never the same again after that one game. He still almost threw 5,000 yards but most of that was built up from having such a dominant streak to the mid point of the season. Denver's offense struggled the rest of the year, kinda like we did after the Cowboys game. They limped into the playoffs and simply ran out of gas in the divisional round. Their defense did everything getting turnovers and stops trying to bail them out but couldn't.

In my fantasy; the Saints build a dominant defense next year and carry Brees to a second ring. But I doubt that happens.

Either way, just thankful we got to witness 2 more playoff runs in the end. I remember those 7-9 seasons well and it felt like a purgatory of mediocrity.

This would suck so much less if Drew wasn't so close to retiring. I know nobody but him knows when his time's up, but it's a reality that's drawing ever closer.

Also, our cap situation was "okay" this FA period. I'm scared for what happens this next offseason. Oh well...

It was a great season. It was tough to lose, but at the end of the day it isn’t about championships for me. If today’s game proves anything, it’s that to win a championship takes a lot of luck. The Rams had to be lucky as hell to win, and they were.

Consider if Rankins hadn’t gotten hurt. That was a huge injury, and if he were playing today I think the Saints win.

Since it’s about luck, you have to be happy when your team plays well. The Saints played brilliantly and were fun to watch, all year. Can’t ask for more.

I will probably feel the same as the OP in a few days but right now it hurts. The loss in '11, the heartbreaker last year, now this? I thought that once I saw them win it in 09 i would be fine and nothing would bother me but I was wrong. At least the other losses were our own doing, this one is making me question whether I want to watch the NFL ever again.

Remember this with Brees; he has a SB ring.

We will never see him called a "choker" or dumb arguments made against him like the stuff people say about Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.

Dan Marino is a "choker" for losing his only SB against the #1 ranked defense that year who had a 15-1 record. He's also a choker for his defense constantly blowing games by giving up 30-40 points or his kicker missing a game clinching field goal (1994).

If you're bored tonight and want to dive into NFL history, I encourage you to go through some of Dan Marino's playoff losses. He has a record that is similar to that of Peyton Manning and Drew Brees. He often lost in the playoffs by his defense playing like absolute crap or bad special teams. Go watch the 1990 divisional loss to Buffalo where his 34 points on the board wasn't good enough cause Buffalo scored 44.

Marino much like Brees, spent years in his prime dragging crappy Dolphins teams that had god awful defenses. From 1986 to 1989 Miami had some of the worst defenses in the NFL, but he would drag them to 8-8 records, kinda like Brees did in our 7-9 years, completely wasting his prime. Marino's 1986 season would've been an automatic 2nd MVP if Miami wasn't 8-8, kinda like Brees' 5,000+ yard passing seasons in our 7-9 years.

Jim Kelly is also a "choker" even though Buffalo was completely out-classed and got their doors blown off in 3 of their 4 SB losses. I end up having to defend Kelly on other teams' forums cause younger fans see those 4 SB losses and think he sucked. One of them was to the GOAT team (1991 Redskins) whom demolished them the same way they had done everyone that year, the other 2 were against a dynasty team that was far superior to them and much younger. Even the SB that was close against the Giants, he played well enough to win but that too was against a great team, whom had the #1 ranked defense that year and Bill Belichick coaching the defense. How people call him a choker is beyond me.

Thankfully, Brees will never have the "choker" label thrown on him cause he has a ring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom