Thankful we kept Payton all this time (1 Viewer)

At the end of the season, the Packer's and the Cowboys will more than likely change coaching positions. Does anyone see them making a push for SP?

I don’t think it matters. I don’t see him leaving, certainly not before Drew hangs them up and he seems to be planning for the future without Brees from the Bridgewater trade and the desire to draft Mahomes. The Packers might be somewhat interesting given their history IF Drew was ready to hang them up but it seems as if he’s at least going to play out this contract. I don’t think Jerry Jones would give Payton the kind of control he wants to make the Cowboys a realistic fit. Jerry likes to have his influence on the team, and I don’t think that’s a situation Payton wants to be in.

At the end of the season, the Packer's and the Cowboys will more than likely change coaching positions. Does anyone see them making a push for SP?

Going to have to slightly disagree here on Dallas.

I talk football and hang out with old time Cowboys fans who have been screaming that they want Jerrah and Garrett gone for years. Older Cowboys fans have a dream of seeing Jerry lose the team, cause they know all too well that they'll never come back to their old glory under his ownership. Dallas used to be a respectable franchise decades ago. Even people who hated Dallas in the 80's still had a soft spot for Tom Landry, cause he was a classy, likable guy. That image with the Cowboys has been erased forever under Jerry. Beginning with the moment he fired Jimmy Johnson and later let all these "misunderstood" players onto the team with arrest records.

Garrett should've been fired after that 2016 playoff game. Talk to real Cowboys fans (not the annoying bandwagon who brag about their old rings) and many of them flat out knew that Garrett would coach a bad game that day. After going 13-3, he took the offense back over in the playoffs. They were down 21-3 early, similar to how the Lions got up to that big lead on them in the 2014 playoffs.

That final drive is where they lost the game. He sat his 1,000+ yard rusher on the sideline, ran a 4 wide spread formation on the final drive and despite this formation, Dallas moved down the field quick...then he spiked the ball with a timeout and played for OT with a field goal. He left just enough time on the clock for a Rodgers drill bomb to end the game. They lost a game that Elliott rushed over 150+ yards in and Dak Prescott actually outplayed Rodgers in that game.

He should've been fired after that game. Dallas will never have another perfect opportunity to reach the SB. They went 13-3, had the #1 seed and the Super Bowl was in Houston, just some hours south of Dallas. They would've lost the SB no doubt (LOL at Garrett going up against Bill Belichick) but they would've had something of a home field advantage there. SB tickets dramatically dropped in price the minute Dallas was eliminated.

I just don't see Jerrah getting rid of his clapper puppet. Garrett should've been fired after that playoff game he blew, but there are other incidents. His poor clock management has cost them many games. People blame it on Dak Prescott now, but what exactly did he accomplish with Romo all those years? Dallas has had great talent on both sides of the ball, absolutely no excuse they can't at least get to the NFC title game.

Going to have to slightly disagree here on Dallas.

I talk football and hang out with old time Cowboys fans who have been screaming that they want Jerrah and Garrett gone for years. Older Cowboys fans have a dream of seeing Jerry lose the team, cause they know all too well that they'll never come back to their old glory under his ownership. Dallas used to be a respectable franchise decades ago. Even people who hated Dallas in the 80's still had a soft spot for Tom Landry, cause he was a classy, likable guy. That image with the Cowboys has been erased forever under Jerry. Beginning with the moment he fired Jimmy Johnson and later let all these "misunderstood" players onto the team with arrest records.

Garrett should've been fired after that 2016 playoff game. Talk to real Cowboys fans (not the annoying bandwagon who brag about their old rings) and many of them flat out knew that Garrett would coach a bad game that day. After going 13-3, he took the offense back over in the playoffs. They were down 21-3 early, similar to how the Lions got up to that big lead on them in the 2014 playoffs.

That final drive is where they lost the game. He sat his 1,000+ yard rusher on the sideline, ran a 4 wide spread formation on the final drive and despite this formation, Dallas moved down the field quick...then he spiked the ball with a timeout and played for OT with a field goal. He left just enough time on the clock for a Rodgers drill bomb to end the game. They lost a game that Elliott rushed over 150+ yards in and Dak Prescott actually outplayed Rodgers in that game.

He should've been fired after that game. Dallas will never have another perfect opportunity to reach the SB. They went 13-3, had the #1 seed and the Super Bowl was in Houston, just some hours south of Dallas. They would've lost the SB no doubt (LOL at Garrett going up against Bill Belichick) but they would've had something of a home field advantage there. SB tickets dramatically dropped in price the minute Dallas was eliminated.

I just don't see Jerrah getting rid of his clapper puppet. Garrett should've been fired after that playoff game he blew, but there are other incidents. His poor clock management has cost them many games. People blame it on Dak Prescott now, but what exactly did he accomplish with Romo all those years? Dallas has had great talent on both sides of the ball, absolutely no excuse they can't at least get to the NFC title game.

I agree with you but Dak Prescott isnt very good either. Given that Garrett needs to go and Dak is young they might as well see if another coach can get better production out of him for a season (although I don’t know his contract situation) if it’s possible. Ultimately though I think there’s a case for both of them to be let go, moved on from.

I agree with you but Dak Prescott isnt very good either. Given that Garrett needs to go and Dak is young they might as well see if another coach can get better production out of him for a season (although I don’t know his contract situation) if it’s possible. Ultimately though I think there’s a case for both of them to be let go, moved on from.

Dak Prescott was fine his rookie season and he is definitely not the problem. He is the scapegoat.

The problem they have with Dak is that he is not the type of QB Garrett wants. Dak is a gunslinger, a true old school type one. In his rookie season, he was getting compared to a young Favre often due to how he moved around in the pocket, his play action ability and back then, he actually could throw deep and accurately. Seriously watch highlights of his rookie season and pay attention to his foot work and how fast he got rid of the ball.

First thing Garrett did after 2016 was tell the media that he wanted to "iron out Dak's flaws". What flaws exactly? They went back to running the Romo offense with spread formations and lots of shotgun plays. This is where we started seeing Dak regress. It's definitely not his fault that his coach is trying to turn him into a clone of Romo.

Watch Dallas run the pistol this year. It's a formation designed for quick release from the QB. Garrett has Dak taking 5 step drop backs and the recievers move to the sticks. His receivers are often blanketed, as no one can get open on short routes, which leads to him running for his life, getting sacked, fumbling or throwing incomplete. None of this is Dak's fault. This is poor coaching and a bad offensive scheme. If you put Romo in this offense, he'd be struggling too.

Dallas' biggest problem is the coaching. Put Dak with a good coach who isn't trying to make him into something he is not, and he would be fine. But maybe the damage is already done and irreversible. Garrett has ruined what was once an exciting kid to watch. Go back and watch highlights from 2016 and compare their play calling and formations back then to what they're doing now and it's completely different. Dak don't even play with the same mechanics anymore, cause they've taken away his deep ball and run a very different offense. Dallas likes to run the ball on first down almost every drive now. Back in 2016, they ran lots of play action and the roll out screens.

If they keep Dak, they need to fire Garrett and Lineham and try to find a new offensive coordinator and head coach who would actually develop him as a passer instead of trying to get him to play like a QB he is not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom