Thanks for moving the thumbs!!! (1 Viewer)

JustaSharkie

... for nefarious reasons.
Reaction score
Dear Andrus & Moderators,

Thank you for moving the red and green thumbs to opposite sides of the **Did you find this post useful?** banner. I believe this will cut down on the, "Sorry, I down-thumbed you by accident" situations, especially on mobile devices were the screen/window is pretty small.

See what a win can do for the team, even life on SR.com is looking up!!!

While never as big a deal to me as apparently it was to others.......it has definitely made the process alot easier.

While never as big a deal to me as apparently it was to others.......it has definitely made the process alot easier.

Sorry Icon I fat fingered the thumb ...
My apologies it should have been a green one!

Misread it...thought it said (Re)moving. Nearly jumped for Joy....currently bummed.

once upon a time there were no thumbs up rankings or any reputation to be had -- your title was based on the amount of posts you had

i forget when the thumb system was implemented but i've always found it to be nothing more than a popularity contest

once upon a time there were no thumbs up rankings or any reputation to be had -- your title was based on the amount of posts you had

i forget when the thumb system was implemented but i've always found it to be nothing more than a popularity contest

The intent was to encourage reasonable and intelligent posting, and discourage stupidity. At it's core, at least when it comes to sensible people, it does help in that regard.

Dear Andrus & Moderators,

Thank you for moving the red and green thumbs to opposite sides of the **Did you find this post useful?** banner. I believe this will cut down on the, "Sorry, I down-thumbed you by accident" situations, especially on mobile devices were the screen/window is pretty small.

See what a win can do for the team, even life on SR.com is looking up!!!

Thanks! But it was a members idea. Jecklz Hyde gets credit for that.

The intent was to encourage reasonable and intelligent posting, and discourage stupidity. At it's core, at least when it comes to sensible people, it does help in that regard.

I like it so I can quickly scroll through a thread and find the good posts and skip the stupid ones. I wish more forums would implement this. Especially car forums where you can "like" if the advice is right.

Yeah. It helps for people that view the site on mobile and have sausage fingers like I do.

Maybe I should've been a wide receiver. Wonder why I never tried out?

Oh yeah...I'm too slow. Big and strong though. Fullback? :scratch:

I think that it encourages lack of discussion. Sometimes the less popular opinion isn't stupid...sometimes it's right.

I think that the reporting icon is useful. Thumbs are not.

True but it also makes it easier to find the trolls. "This user's posts have been rated good 13 out of 5,387 times." That would be a troll lol

I use the thumbs as a tool. If a post receives a ton of red thumbs, maybe I should rethink my position or how I couched it. I also like to see who agrees with me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom