Thanksgiving - and Restaurants (1 Viewer)

Jayden

Reaction score
Do any of you not do the Traditional Thanksgiving with Family? I am wanting to find a restaurant to take my kids to on Thanksgiving day. I have tried googling and searching, but I haven't come up with anything.

Does anyone know of any restaurants that serve Traditional Thanksgiving food?

hotels are a good place to check out, you look too young to have kids

Nice line, saintfan-n-alex! And good advice too. I used to work at a restaurant in Virginia the had a big Thanksgiving tradition, but hotels are probably your best bet.

The one year we did this was one year when my wife's grandmother, who lived a few hours away, was sick and couldn't travel to my in-laws' house. So we went to visit her, and we went to Thanksgiving dinner at a hotel in Alex.

Check with them first, and I bet you'll find something.

You can also cook an easy Thanksgiving dinner. I usually just buy a small boneless turkey and stick it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Heat up a couple of cans of vegetables, and some potatoes from a box, and viola' - Thanksgiving dinner!

Last edited:
Commanders Palace does a big Thanksgiving Feast for all the blue blood Uptowners who don't cook. Us serfs are also allowed to come.

One Thanksgiving, my family and I got stuck in the midst of iced over roads on our way to Grandma's. We had our Thanksgiving dinner at a Cracker Barrel on an interstate hwy - lol. One of the best Thanksgivings EVER. Seriously.

You can also cook an easy Thanksgiving dinner. I usually just buy a small boneless turkey and stick it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Heat up a couple of cans of vegetables, and some potatoes from a box, and viola' - Thanksgiving dinner!

I really don't want to cook anything. My kids are picky eaters, and wont' be with me except in the morning, and then they go to their dads. It would be sad to be alone with so much left over food, plus it wouldn't be safe! I'm on a diet, and I love dressing and sweet potatoe casserole. I would rather eat out and then watch movies or something like that.

Or you can try Chinese for Christmas.....

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom