Thanksgiving Brunch Suggestions - New Orleans? (1 Viewer)

DATMAN

Veteran
Reaction score
Our family is planning to attend the Saints/Falcons game on Thanksgiving. For the past few years we've had Thanksgiving brunch at the downtown Baton Rouge Hilton. We've really enjoyed food and the setting overlooking the river, so I was hopeful of finding a hotel or restaurant in the New Orleans area that might provide a comparable experience. While we certainly could have brunch at the BR Hilton and then drive to New Orleans, I thought it would be nice to dine in New Orleans and make the shorter drive over to the dome.

The Hilton's brunch is pretty diverse and robust. They have the tradition Thanksgiving dishes, along with made to order omelettes, smoked salmon, gumbo, desserts, etc. With that in mind, any suggestions/recommendations on possible dining option in metro New Orleans would be greatly appreciated.

The Court of the Two Sisters has a great brunch, but I'm not sure if they have specific Thanksgiving dishes or not. Another option is Fogo de Chao. They have the normal spread as well as some Thanksgiving dishes.

The Court of the Two Sisters has a great brunch, but I'm not sure if they have specific Thanksgiving dishes or not. Another option is Fogo de Chao. They have the normal spread as well as some Thanksgiving dishes.

Thanks. I'll give those 2 a look. (y)

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll give those 2 a look. (y)
The Court of Two Sisters does a brunch on Thanksgiving and they have thanksgiving specific items on the buffet that day. You should call and make reservations as they book up quick on Thanksgiving

Did the Le Pavillon a couple of times and it was pretty good. Better than the Hilton and Intercontinental. There is a paid parking lot right next to the hotel which is very handy.

If cost is no issue;

Brennans
Commanders Palace
Arnauds
Restaurant R’evolution
Antoines (not sure if open)

Several hotels have good options
Windsor court
Le pavillon
Harrahs

Did the Le Pavillon a couple of times and it was pretty good. Better than the Hilton and Intercontinental. There is a paid parking lot right next to the hotel which is very handy.

I had not considered the La Pavillon. Thanks for the suggestions!

If cost is no issue;

Brennans
Commanders Palace
Arnauds
Restaurant R’evolution
Antoines (not sure if open)

Several hotels have good options
Windsor court
Le pavillon
Harrahs

Thanks for the suggestions. Will give these a look.

ive been to Windsor Court and the Ritz Carlton for Easter and Christmas but not sure about Thanksgiving. they are both excellent.

Just FYI, Le Pavillion says that they no longer serve Thanksgiving Day brunch. :(

If you haven't already booked, I just got an email from Red Fish Grill saying they have a Thanksgiving Buffet and there are still reservations available.

Cafe Atchafalaya might be a good choice if you have expanded options away from downtown.

If you haven't already booked, I just got an email from Red Fish Grill saying they have a Thanksgiving Buffet and there are still reservations available.

Given the difficulty of getting reservations this might be a good option. They do a nice and festive spread that can accommodate a lot of people. Get to calling now though. I had Thanksgiving at bayona once and it was fantastic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom