Thanksgiving Eve

• I rage or have raged

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I have never raged

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
From like 1987 - 1992, at least the years I was in Nola for Christmas a group of friends would meet at our friends house near Gramercy for the levee bon fires, they were awesome. Some of the best down home Louisiana vittles I've ever had, a lot of the houses in the neighborhood had open houses. All had a ton of food, gumbo, boudin, jambalaya, various seafood....it was awesome.

We also used to go out Christmas night, would almost always start at Le Bon Temp Roule and then wind up in the FQ somewhere....good times....

I spent many a Christmas Eve as a kid on the levee in Gramercy for the bonfires.. i have family that live walking distance from the River, and I watched over the years as the crowds grew, eventually to the point where just getting to my relatives’ house made the trip prohibitive, b/c the traffic got crazy… Haven’t been since like the mid 90s; i wonder if, like with a lot of things, The Great Pandemic might have served as sort of a reset, and maybe for the next few years , maybe the Gramercy Christmas Eve bonfires might be a little more low key and less traffickey.

I spent many a Christmas Eve as a kid on the levee in Gramercy for the bonfires.. i have family that live walking distance from the River, and I watched over the years as the crowds grew, eventually to the point where just getting to my relatives’ house made the trip prohibitive, b/c the traffic got crazy… Haven’t been since like the mid 90s; i wonder if, like with a lot of things, The Great Pandemic might have served as sort of a reset, and maybe for the next few years , maybe the Gramercy Christmas Eve bonfires might be a little more low key and less traffickey.

Many in my group (like myself) don't live in Nola any longer. But they still have family there and go back for Xmas every other year or so. We are talking about doing this again when we are all in Nola over Xmas...Maybe in 2023 or 2024......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom