Thanksgiving Food traditions (1 Viewer)

Just curious
How do y’all make stuffing/dressing without livers?
Mirliton, oyster, cornbread, etc
Never had them without liver in em

You make it the same way, just, without the livers.

But giblet gravy for the cornbread dressing is a must. With chicken in both the dressing and the gravy it can be a meal by itself.

Pumpkin Bread pudding recipe:

5-6 large croissants (stale or fresh) torn in 1 inch pieces
3 cups of pumpkin
teaspoon of vanilla extract
tablespoon of cinnamon
5 eggs whisked
1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of Raisins and 1/2 cup of diced walnuts (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, gently mix everything, until uniform texture and color achieved. Pour into a large greased casserole dish. Garnish the top with butter (not margerine) and lightly sprinkle brown sugar on top as well. Cook at 350 for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Whiskey cream sauce (optional) - 1/2 cup good whiskey, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch (to thicken).

The recipe is actually packed up in a box (we are starting to get ready to move - someday)....so this is from memory but I think it is pretty accurate....let me know if anyone makes it and how it was....Cheers

Pumpkin Bread pudding recipe:

5-6 large croissants (stale or fresh) torn in 1 inch pieces
3 cups of pumpkin
teaspoon of vanilla extract
tablespoon of cinnamon
5 eggs whisked
1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of Raisins and 1/2 cup of diced walnuts (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, gently mix everything, until uniform texture and color achieved. Pour into a large greased casserole dish. Garnish the top with butter (not margerine) and lightly sprinkle brown sugar on top as well. Cook at 350 for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Whiskey cream sauce (optional) - 1/2 cup good whiskey, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch (to thicken).

The recipe is actually packed up in a box (we are starting to get ready to move - someday)....so this is from memory but I think it is pretty accurate....let me know if anyone makes it and how it was....Cheers

nice thanks. I assume the pumpkin is canned spiced pumpkin and not fresh baking pumpkin?

My mom makes the family recipe lasagna which acts as an appetizer....and it is a large piece.

I order a organic free range turkey, brine it for a couple days, and cook it in a smoker with pecan smoke

Store bought turkeys are filled with salt water and as such can't take on much of the brine. These turkey I order isn't filled like that so it really soaks up the flavor of the brine....makes for an amazingly flavorful and tender bird

My mom makes the family recipe lasagna which acts as an appetizer....and it is a large piece.

I order a organic free range turkey, brine it for a couple days, and cook it in a smoker with pecan smoke

Store bought turkeys are filled with salt water and as such can't take on much of the brine. These turkey I order isn't filled like that so it really soaks up the flavor of the brine....makes for an amazingly flavorful and tender bird
I ordered one as well but I'm doing a dry brine. I'm hoping that it covers up any gamey flavors ftom being free range. Then I'm going to fry it.

I ordered one as well but I'm doing a dry brine. I'm hoping that it covers up any gamey flavors ftom being free range. Then I'm going to fry it.
Let me know how that turns out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom