thanksgiving games (1 Viewer)

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Its just tradition. Its always been like that. I can remember when it seemed like the Lions would always play the Bears on Thanksgiving but that's changed the last few years.

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because when the NFL asked all the teams years ago, those two teams were the only ones who wanted them.

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Speaking of which, why cant the Saints ever play on Thanksgiving guys?

Hell even Atlanta has gotten a chance last year and again this year, why not let the Saints play on Turkey day?

I mean you would watch the games if the Saints ever played on Thanksgiving?

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If there was any year the Saints should have played on Thanksgiving I thought this year would have been the year. I mean they are "America' Team" according to the media.

DCSaints_Fan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Speaking of which, why cant the Saints ever play on Thanksgiving guys?

Hell even Atlanta has gotten a chance last year and again this year, why not let the Saints play on Turkey day?

I mean you would watch the games if the Saints ever played on Thanksgiving?
Isn't it obvious? Its the same reason we don't get on MNF. Those games are nationally broadcast and the Saints don't have national pull. The Falcons have Wonder Boy on their roster. We have Golden Boy, but Golden Boy hasn't been doing so well lately, and the NFL came up with the scheduling long before he was on our roster anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Games against Detroit since 2009 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Packers top Saints in Superdome, New Orleans loses back-to-back games for 1st time since 2017 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints lose back-to-back games for the first time in three seasons SR News Page Articles 0
St.RobE Penalties Last 2 Games: 212yds vs. 23yds Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Week 3 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 3 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S Who you got in these three games? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
After fine, Sean Payton admits he needs 'to be more diligent' with face covering during games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: 2 games in, Saints make it clear they have ways to go to reach Super Bowl dreams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Update: Cantrell allows High School Football to start with some fans @ games. Still no word on Saints Games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
FOX Sports New Orleans to re-air 2020 Saints games starting Week 2 vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 2 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 2 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints are handling road games in 2020: 'Buyouts' of most hotels, more buses than usual Saints RSS News Feeds 0