Tharold Simon arrested last night (1 Viewer)

Wow, not the best judgement. Too bad. Big, fast corner. I guess it's best that we see his character now, instead of after drafting him.

So what do you think an appropriate response to this dbags actions should be? Do you suggest the cop beg for forgiveness and plead with him not to tell the mayor?? C'mon man!!

Did I say that is what the cop should have done? Nope. Ask for forgiveness? Nope.

Ideally, it would have been for both to act more maturely and responsibly. Cops are trained to deal with mouthy idiots without resorting to arrests. And if there is nothing worse than mouthing off and playing his music loud, I am not convinced an arrest was in order. But I also said I am willing to hold out the opinion until more information comes out, if it does.

Simon was an idiot. And the cop shouldn't apologize or keep the matter off record. Citation. Warning. Whatever other means he had at his disposal short of arrest.

Louisiana is arrest happy and that's my larger concern. Cops in small towns and sheriffs in small jurisdictions contribute to this carceral reality. This sounds a lot like a case of that based on what was reported.

But I don't have all the facts, nor do you. So anything is speculation and I am just basing mine on my own work and experiences.

The consequences regarding his draft status might very well outweigh his night in the clink. So he will be punished even beyond this and I am not saying a bonehead should be rewarded. But boneheaded ness isn't always a case for arrest either. Maybe it was in this case, but based on the article it seems pretty heavy handed, which, again, isn't unusual in LA

Used to hangout at our house with my oldest son until I put him out for sneaking in the house without us at home. Suprised he kept it together this long.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure he did more than just the bullet points laid out in the article. I'm also sure there were more than a few MFs hurled.

The bottom line is, there was no need to act beligirent and so entitled towards a police officer, much less threatening. Who the heck does this KID think he is?

The police officer decided to teach him a lesson, and it is very likely that he deserved it.

:covri: This is the kind of guy that makes people stereotype football players as spoiled entitled jerks. If he did do this, he needs to pay a heavy price for it just for the reason that he needs to learn that the world does not revolve around him. The sooner he learns that, the better for his own future. Otherwise, he may end up in jail for something even more foolish that gets someone seriously hurt.

Since it seems some of you are ignorant to the law ill enlighten you. Intimidation of an officer is a felony charge. When you threaten to "get" an officers job due to someone you know or whatever means... It is intimadating an officer. The reason most people dont know this is because most people have respect for law enforcement and would never dream of speaking to anyone like that much less a man that can take your freedom. Why provoke this officer into arresting him?..... Because he is an idiot!

As a former police officer who worked the streets for 14 years both in a metro setting and a rural area I can tell you this was a big mistake by this young man. First he was blocking the road under Louisiana law this is simple obstruction of a public highway. That is a misdemeanor and the officer could have arrested him on that charge alone. The officer gave the young man a chance to move his car. Mr. Simon chooses to threaten the officer&#8217;s job, that is public intimation of a law enforcement official then he turned his music up which could be in violation of local noise ordinance. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
All he had to do was say yes officer I will move my car, trust me the officer knew this guy was a local celebrity and he does not want the heat from the local mayor or official for having to make an arrest. If he would have issued a summons for this illegal act someone could have claimed the officer was giving him a break and not doing his job . <o:p></o:p>
damed if you do damed if you dont

truly, dumb to mouth off but.... in the grand scheme, couldve let him go without the arrest just as easily. not the end of the world.

PS - who claims to "own eunice." no offense to folks of the town, but.... really?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom