That’s Something That Could Only Happen to the Saints (1 Viewer)

Fact is you have to take care of business in the regular season. Every division/conference game matters.
That loss to the Giants I just knew was gonna come back and bite us and that MIA game was another screwing by the league to the Saints ....all things considering though this year I am proud of our team and ready to dive into some draft threads with NOFALCONS. We are going to look like a completely different team next year and I am excited about getting some WR who can threaten a defense and catch a football, and watching how Loomis handles this free agency

Yeah plus we shouldn't have lost to ATL the first time as well. Also the Dolphins but that was on the league.
Let's get this season behind us and start dreaming about next year, if everyone comes back healthy, I think we'll be one of the favorites in the NFC again, although the media will ignore us...

Any time the Saints need something, bet the house on the opposite happening.

We are CURSED. I've accepted it. And yet the football gods STILL find a way to **** me off every January.
Lol. I don't know about this. We have to do what we have to do esp win games that are winnable. The Giants and the first ATL game were and we should have won them. Think the problem is we're always trying to depend on other teams winning or losing, refs helping us out, the league being kind to us. That ain't happening so that needs to stop and that's why we keep having this stuff happen to us. We have to do what we have to do it and that's win. That's it.

Only the Saints could win their game and have the team they need to win blow a 17-0 lead, at home mind you.

The chances of the Rams losing was 2% at multiple points. 49ers has no TOs and needed to go 90 yards in 1:27 and did it with time to spare. Everything that could go wrong did.

No team has dealt with more in one season than we have in all of NFL history, and it was fitting that we took another guy punch at the wire like this.
I wonder if the rams caved on purpose. This is depressing

Only the Saints could win their game and have the team they need to win blow a 17-0 lead, at home mind you.

The chances of the Rams losing was 2% at multiple points. 49ers has no TOs and needed to go 90 yards in 1:27 and did it with time to spare. Everything that could go wrong did.

No team has dealt with more in one season than we have in all of NFL history, and it was fitting that we took another guy punch at the wire like this.
Don't forget that McVay was 44-0 when leading at halftime.

Until today, of course. The one time we needed them to win.

I wonder if the rams caved on purpose. This is depressing
I don’t think they did. Anyone who’s watched the Niners the past 6-8 weeks would see that they are one of the hottest teams in the league. The Jimmy
G injury could have been helpful but unfortunately he was able to play very effectively with it.

The Niners will be the team everyone fears this playoffs.

I don’t think they did. Anyone who’s watched the Niners the past 6-8 weeks would see that they are one of the hottest teams in the league. The Jimmy
G injury could have been helpful but unfortunately he was able to play very effectively with it.

The Niners will be the team everyone fears this playoffs.
The 49ers have been our nemesis since the 80s

Seriously. Their line on both sides just flat out sucked. Stafford had no time to throw. And their d-ilne couldn't get to a gimpy handed Jimmy and stop predictable run plays.

SF now goes to Dallas. I hope Dallas erases them from playoff contention.
Oh God.... I can't believe I'm going to root for Dallas

To start the day today, Pittsburgh needed the Jaguars (the team with the worst record and the first pick in the draft) to beat the Colts (who was also competing for a playoff spot) to give them an opening to the postseason. The Saints needed the NFC West division-leading Rams to beat their rival 49ers in their new SoFi palace to have the same shot at the playoffs.

Which of these two scenarios seemed to have the better odds of actually happening??? Yeah, I thought y'all would say that. :hm:

P.S.- Stafford is a meathead. How do you underthrow O'dell Beckham that badly on a sideline route with no safety help deep?

The 49ers have been our nemesis since the 80s
While I agree they seem to suck the life out of the Saints. This season it was a series of untimely injuries and untimely loss of focus when playing teams we were a lot better than. If you don't control your destiny then you have no-one to blame but yourself...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom