That band's best song is (my unpopular opinion) (1 Viewer)

Pink Floyd - Echoes
The Rolling Stones - Slave
The Counting Crows - Anna Begins
The Black Crowes - Girl from a pawnshop

What song do you feel is a band's best even though the vast majority disagrees with you?

Here is one of mine:
Nirvana - Lounge Act

Lounge Act is a good one for sure. Picking the best Nirvana song is like winning the lottery, it's possible, but the odds are stacked against you.

You may enjoy watching this drum cover. I think I found my true love, the only thing is, she is a cannibal. Not sure she would love me for the right reasons. True love can be such a curse.

Silverchair - Israel's Son

2nd place - Tuna in the Brine.

Days of the New - Running Knees.

Alice in Chains - Love, Hate, Love

Tool - their cover of No Quarter
Otherwise I'd say Hooker with a Penis or 46 and 2.

I’d put up the drum solo from 46 and 2 against anything from Neil Peart

Tears for Fears The Working Hour

this band was very underrated for there more instrumental stuff. Songs of the Big Chair was one of those great albums that they don't make anymore where the songs are actually intended to be played in order and the whole is greater than the sum of the parts

Great album. Great song. It's one of my favorites, period. I play it often enough for my wife to get tired of hearing it.

Don't sleep on the stuff from the 90s that was just Orzabal but under the TFF name. There's some great songwriting in just about every album from this band. They were supposed to release a new one soon but that's been the word for 3 years.

If it is ok, I'm going to go with albums....

Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

Cheers

Obscured By Clouds isn't really an "album", I think it's music for a movie. Anyways, Dogs is their best song on their best album Animals.

The Count of Tuscany by Dream Theater. I don't blame anyone if they think A Change Of Seasons or Octavarium or Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is their best song. That's their top 4 right there but most people wouldn't put Tuscany as number 1.

Big +1 on Elton John. Tumbleweed Connection is by FAR my favourite of his albums, and it isn't even close.

Now I wish I would have went with "Burn Down the Mission" instead of "Funeral for a Friend".

"Susie (Dramas)" from Honky Château was another I considered.

My favorite songs from a pair of groups were B-side songs that didn't make the cut for a pair of very popular albums.

Fleetwood Mac's Silver Spring - didn't make it on Rumors LP. Can be found on the live album The Dance and the original is on Stevie Nicks Essentials (Apple Music).
Bruce Springsteen's None But the Brave - didn't make the cut on Born in the USA. Can be found on The Essential Bruce Springsteen.

When Metallica went full punk - So What
(Please do not click on link if vulgar language offends you)

Now I wish I would have went with "Burn Down the Mission" instead of "Funeral for a Friend".

"Susie (Dramas)" from Honky Château was another I considered.

Great song, though I'd have a hard time picking any one song off the album. About the only songs I wouldn't consider for being best on the record are My Father's Gun and Love Song, which are both good songs, but everything else is nigh unto genius:
Ballad of a Well Known Gun
Come Down in Time
Country Comfort
Son of Your Father
Where to Now, St. Peter?
Amoreena
Talking Old Soldiers
Burn Down the Mission

All amazing and I'd put each and every one of them up against any of his hit songs.

Three live albums from the mid '70's:

REO Speedwagon “You Get What You Play For”. It’s hard to reconcile their sound on this album with the sappy sellout Hi Infidelity of 5 years later. Gary Richrath in his prime was one of the better rock 'n' roll guitarists.

Blue Oyster Cult "On Your Feet or On Your Knees" A great raw live album complete with buzzing amps and epic guitar duels Me 262). Has a bluesy feel on songs like Before the Kiss, Buck's Boogie, and The Red and the Black.

Scorpions Tokyo Tapes- Ulrich Roth is a better guitarist than Michael Schenker, and songs like Speedy's Coming, Robot Man, and Top of the Bill have a raw power absent even on World Wide Live.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom