That Carnival Cruise ship finally made it to Mobile (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Who knows, maybe Carnival will offer floating as part of their package deal

Carnival handled the whole situation wrong from start to finish. Just seems like they had no plan in place for something like this and then executed poorly when they did come up with something.

One thing I keep hearing is how great of a job the crew did considering the circumstances. That alone will probably reduce legal actions against the company and those crew members should be taken care of.

This will cost Carnival a lot of freaking money. They offered refunds on this cruise and a voucher for a free cruise. I believe they also offered $500 cash. They booked 1,500 hotel rooms in NOLA, charted commercial charter flights to Houston and arranged for ground transportation back to Galveston.

The fire damage will have to be fixed along with an almost complete strip down of the ship from new carpet to new mattresses and furniture. Total costs will be huge. Mobile should have a few job openings right now as it will take a lot of labor to get this ship back to sea.

what i dont understand is some of the commentators ive seen on CNN and elsewhere who seem to have the opinion that this was simply a 'vacation gone wrong', and not a disaster.. now, im not saying it was a disaster of the proportions of Katrina or anything-- but anytime i am forced to walk around raw sewage, stand in line 3 hours for crappy 'food', pull my mattress out on deck to sleep because the room is swelteringly hot and go to the bathroom in a bag-- i'm sorry, but that is way, way more than an inconvenience..... not to mention the elderly people who were unable to keep their medications refrigerated, pregnant women, etc.. i dont consider myself a reactionary, overly litigious person-- but if i had been on that cruise, you can bet your *** i'd be talking to a lawyer FIRST thing this morning.

Guess who will never choose cruise for his annual vacation? This guy.

what i dont understand is some of the commentators ive seen on CNN and elsewhere who seem to have the opinion that this was simply a 'vacation gone wrong', and not a disaster.. now, im not saying it was a disaster of the proportions of Katrina or anything-- but anytime i am forced to walk around raw sewage, stand in line 3 hours for crappy 'food', pull my mattress out on deck to sleep because the room is swelteringly hot and go to the bathroom in a bag-- i'm sorry, but that is way, way more than an inconvenience..... not to mention the elderly people who were unable to keep their medications refrigerated, pregnant women, etc.. i dont consider myself a reactionary, overly litigious person-- but if i had been on that cruise, you can bet your *** i'd be talking to a lawyer FIRST thing this morning.

That sounds like Iraq. :hihi:

Anyway, I'd talk to a lawyer if it is known they had evidence that they had problems with one of the engines and ran it anyway ultimately causing the fire and power loss.

Sometimes, **** happens. It sucks, but it happens.

One thing I keep hearing is how great of a job the crew did considering the circumstances. That alone will probably reduce legal actions against the company and those crew members should be taken care of.

This will cost Carnival a lot of freaking money. They offered refunds on this cruise and a voucher for a free cruise. I believe they also offered $500 cash. They booked 1,500 hotel rooms in NOLA, charted commercial charter flights to Houston and arranged for ground transportation back to Galveston.

The fire damage will have to be fixed along with an almost complete strip down of the ship from new carpet to new mattresses and furniture. Total costs will be huge. Mobile should have a few job openings right now as it will take a lot of labor to get this ship back to sea.

I'm sure they can find cheap labor standing outside Home Depot or Lowes.

Anyway, I'd talk to a lawyer if it is known they had evidence that they had problems with one of the engines and ran it anyway ultimately causing the fire and power loss.

Well Carnival finally admitted they dropped the ball. Sounds like they (Carnival) want to get some quick settlements now. I'm wondering if they(Carnival) don't want us to know something too.

i hear you, but i dont even think the main thing is whether Carnival knew the ship had problems (though that is a big deal if they did)-- i think the main issue is their complete and utter lack of aything resembling a backup plan in the case of something like this happening.. just inexcusable IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom