That first round pick we gave the Eagles (1 Viewer)

Is hurting more each week. What was the front office thinking?
They were thinking we were contenders.

They were thinking that an injury plagued 2021 season that still ended up a hair away from the playoffs was a sign that we weren’t staring down a rebuild.

They were thinking that we couldn’t possibly have another injury plagued season in 2022.

They were thinking we could overtake a division with (at the time) Brady retiring from the Bucs.

They were wrong on all fronts.

Mickey Loomis should’ve been the one to go, not Payton.

I’m starting to think that Payton lost more control of personnel decisions the last few years because he couldn’t fix the defense prior to 2017. It worked for a few years, but now he looked at the situation and said “I’m out”

They were thinking we were contenders.

They were thinking that an injury plagued 2021 season that still ended up a hair away from the playoffs was a sign that we weren’t staring down a rebuild.

They were thinking that we couldn’t possibly have another injury plagued season in 2022.

They were thinking we could overtake a division with (at the time) Brady retiring from the Bucs.

They were wrong on all fronts.
Yea in retrospect thats a big yikes. Many have been fired for much less.

We also gave them a 2024 - 2nd.
Insanity. This is why you don't make a trade for a future pick of unknown quality. Even if prime Brees were our QB, he could get injured in the 1st week of the year and your season is shot. A GM with this much experience should not make such a foolish trade.

We were thinking we’d solve our WR problems. And we did.

They were sorely underestimating our QB room.
At end of day if Penning Pans out and Olave keeps doing what he does then the Saints picked well in that draft

Without that move I doubt N.O gets those two.

This team will still be too good to get that pick needed to secure that Franchise Qb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom