That Global Warming... (1 Viewer)

There's also a government agency that is celebrating a $2 billion budget increase. Let's not forget them. ;)

Blame is not irrelevant when GW is being used as a political springboard, and to justify increased taxes and penalties to companies based on manmade circumstances.

It's Pascal's wager

If global warming is largely caused by people and we do something about it then we've saved ourselves considerable grief

If global warming is not caused by people and we do something about it then it's largely irrelevant, things are going to get bad

If global warming is caused by people and we don't do something about it then our "savings" are completely irrelevant at the cost of climate change

If global warming is not caused by people and we don't do something about it then our savings are still as irrelevant as before

There's only one "winning" solution in the above word problem. It's not a very hard decision to make (in my mind).

Everything we are doing to our planet is a good thing. The creatures that evolve from it will be some bad mutha's.

there was a post here a week or two ago show there has been no heat increase since 98. this covering the time when these people were at their peak of complaining and stating global warming is occuring. also at best they can only show a .7 degree heat increase in 150 years.... that was discussed on this site as well for days..
in my eyes global warming as the libs. and the dems speak of does not live.
a natural occurrence in nature due to the sun and its cycles or what ever. maybe.... but this scare tactic to fund projects is all it is a scare tactic...
20 years ago it was a hole in the o zone... anyone remember that.

Apparently your reading was selective.

The story you cite had contradictory data, and also stated that the overall surface temperature of the earth has continued to rise.

And yes there was and is a hole in the ozone, but that was a less complex phenomenon, for which corrections were made, and great results came about. At the time there were cries of economic disaster, and that we would have to ban air conditioning if the environmental whackos got their way. Non of that happened, industry adjusted, and the long term economic effect appears to be more or less zero.

"Right now my job is eating these donuts. Or..wait, aren't you."

Yep

bodycounTinthehousePS :rock:

It's all about the money. Lots of money being made on global warming. Money and control.

It gets confusing because people that deny the existence of global warming often use contradictory arguments. First they cite an isolated example of cold weather as proof that the Earth is not getting warmer; next they say climate change on Mars proves that the Sun is causing global warming and not human activity. Which is it? Is global warming being caused by solar variance, or does global warming not exist? You cant have it both ways.

It's all about the money. Lots of money being made on global warming. Money and control.

Nice try but the amount of money made on global warming doesnt even come close to the profits made from fossil fuels. When it comes to money and power, oil industry >>>>>>>>> global warming industry.

It gets confusing because people that deny the existence of global warming often use contradictory arguments. First they cite an isolated example of cold weather as proof that the Earth is not getting warmer; next they say climate change on Mars proves that the Sun is causing global warming and not human activity. Which is it? Is global warming being caused by solar variance, or does global warming not exist? You cant have it both ways.
It appears many don't care whether we're enduring climate change or not . . . just as long as it isn't their fault.

It appears many don't care whether we're enduring climate change or not . . . just as long as it isn't their fault.

That is pretty funny.

I have to agree with you on this one. Blame means little in the long run but it sure does make everyone feel better right now.

Nice try but the amount of money made on global warming doesnt even come close to the profits made from fossil fuels. When it comes to money and power, oil industry >>>>>>>>> global warming industry.

Not for the government agencies conducting the studies. For them, global warming is a gravy train to a bigger budget, monitoring stations, personnel, satellites, etc.

Carbon credit? What the hell IS a carbon credit????

I agree completely that oil is big business and noone will deny or argue that.. however I would think that the cost vs. gain on this global warming crap ain't too bad. Atleast with big oil there are refineries and the whole refining process involved.

What does it take to make a "carbon credit" or to conduct a pointless survey that costs 100s of thousands of dollars or even millions?

That is pretty funny.

I have to agree with you on this one. Blame means little in the long run but it sure does make everyone feel better right now.

I don't care if politicians sleep well at night or not. I just don't want the American taxpayer to get get raped over this. It's all politics folks, get used to it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom