That Global Warming... (1 Viewer)

40 years is a very small "range of time", isn't it?

The chart has no bearing on global temperature.

It's just an example of a trendline.

Drawing the conclusion that the planet is not warming based on one colder than average winter is no more valid than claiming that it is warming based on one hotter than average summer...

It's where the average of the trend goes over time.

My bad, I thought that you were inferring that the posted trendline supported global warming.

So when we see the Northwest Passage open on a consistent basis, we'll have some pretty conclusive proof.

Of course, by then, things will be pretty higgeldy-piggeldy up North.

IF we see the Northwest Passage open on a consistent basis, we'll have some pretty conclusive proof.

Of course, by then, things will be pretty higgeldy-piggeldy up North.

Proof of climate change? I think we can check this one off already.

Maybe I'm too laid back.

:cheer:

Someone should report this thread for a misleading title. :shrug:

TPS

For the conspiracy theorists...

A government agency was given a flat line budget for four years in a row by the congress and the president. No adjustments were given for inflation.

Faced with having to cut people and projects in order to suck up ever-increasing costs, the agency took the findings of a small group of its scientists, found a well-known politician/celebrity to act as the spokesman and went on a campaign to whip up fear and get a bigger budget.

The plan worked better than they ever dreamed. A Nobel Prize for the spokesman, worldwide acclamation for the scientists and a $2 billion increase in budget, starting next year, to include global warming monitoring stations and a couple of satellites!

Like I said, it's only a conspiracy theory. :rolleyes:

there was a post here a week or two ago show there has been no heat increase since 98. this covering the time when these people were at their peak of complaining and stating global warming is occuring. also at best they can only show a .7 degree heat increase in 150 years.... that was discussed on this site as well for days..
in my eyes global warming as the libs. and the dems speak of does not live.
a natural occurrence in nature due to the sun and its cycles or what ever. maybe.... but this scare tactic to fund projects is all it is a scare tactic...
20 years ago it was a hole in the o zone... anyone remember that.

there was a post here a week or two ago show there has been no heat increase since 98. this covering the time when these people were at their peak of complaining and stating global warming is occuring. also at best they can only show a .7 degree heat increase in 150 years.... that was discussed on this site as well for days..
in my eyes global warming as the libs. and the dems speak of does not live.
a natural occurrence in nature due to the sun and its cycles or what ever. maybe.... but this scare tactic to fund projects is all it is a scare tactic...
20 years ago it was a hole in the o zone... anyone remember that.

There is/was an Ozone Hole:

http://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/

We outlawed CFC's and it has stabilized and on the mend:

http://www.iop.org/News/Community_News_Archive/2005/news_5776.html

Mars temperature also rising, no word yet on how Man is causing it:

Blame's pretty irrelevant don't you think? I mean, does it make you feel better knowing that, yes, the status quo is going to be turned upside down and yes, that'll have serious consequences for us, but hey! There's a chance it's not our fault and we can't do anything about it!

Wooohoooo! Red Team scores! Red Team wins again!

Blame's pretty irrelevant don't you think? I mean, does it make you feel better knowing that, yes, the status quo is going to be turned upside down and yes, that'll have serious consequences for us, but hey! There's a chance it's not our fault and we can't do anything about it!

Wooohoooo! Red Team scores! Red Team wins again!

Blame is not irrelevant when GW is being used as a political springboard, and to justify increased taxes and penalties to companies based on manmade circumstances.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom