THAT is Jameis (1 Viewer)

I took a bit of a hiatus from SR. My middle-of-the-road effort to moderate Jameis zeal after the second Pre Season game received a bit more flame than I like.

I didn't come back to say I told you so, instead; I want to remind everyone of a game where we totally embarrassed the TB Bucs.

How did that work out for the Buc Boys?

Games like last week are rare. Games like today are rare. Neither is a yardstick for the season. Moderation people.
I don't know how this relate to what I said... Jameis hold his composure down to the final minutes of the 1st half.

Especially, a game where Winston got sacked 4 times and 11 QB hits. Then, Winston in post game admitted that he needs to step up and do more pre snap protection calls.

At the sametime... There isn't much you can do when they are bring in a CB or Safety every 3rd down. WR room is terrible.

yup...our WR room sucks. No kind of separation, and Winston had no time to throw the ball.. They basically just dared Winston to throw and pressured him each time. We need MT back ASAP and we need to get a solid WR or TE in a trade .

They weren't thinking about what they were losing in exchange for stretching the field.

I'd gladly give up arm strength for precision, attention to detail, accuracy, meticulous preparation... Oh, to hear him call out the MIKE just one more time 😭

(I *might* have opened my eyes this morning, realized it was Sunday, squeezed my pillow and whispered "Drewww" under my breath. There's a possibility that happened 😑)
If you’ve looked back at my posts since Brees retired (and many before, too) I have been beating this same “the long ball is not our problem” drum. Everything you said is exactly what I’ve been trying to communicate to many Saints fans for nearly a year.

Carolina still crowded our line today because they wanted to take Kamara out of the game (which they did) and challenge Jameis to throw. They didn’t fear his long ball. Instead they took a calculated risk that constant pressure would force JW into bad decisions. People screaming about the OLine‘s performance and Jameis’s play this game need to remind themselves of how Drew looked in the ‘19 playoff game vs Minny. If your line allows free rushers from EVERY ANGLE, then yes, you will look like trash.

Drew’s quick reads, adjustments, accuracy are what made him deadly and helped him carve defenses. Him not having a cannon isn’t what kept us out of the Super Bowl the past four seasons. If it were that much of a limitation then we wouldn’t have made it to the playoffs in top seeds to begin with.

Nonetheless, I believe Jameis will pull it together before mid season.

I don't know how this relate to what I said... Jameis hold his composure down to the final minutes of the 1st half.

Especially, a game where Winston got sacked 4 times and 11 QB hits. Then, Winston in post game admitted that he needs to step up and do more pre snap protection calls.

At the sametime... There isn't much you can do when they are bring in a CB or Safety every 3rd down. WR room is terrible.
I agree with all you posted. The thing is that the WR room outside of Mike and flashes form Sanders last season has been terrible for at least three seasons. Drew was really making miracles happen with the paltry options he had. Unfortunately, it’s taken this beat down with a fresh, gunslinging QB under center for some folks to truly see that Drew’s limitations as a qb weren’t just arm strength. He had little to nothing to throw to.

Jameis is going to have to anticipate were the receiver will be and let the ball fly. Waiting for this WR group to create separation will result in more stalled drives and embarrassing loses like today. Sean is going to have to either take off the training wheels or go all in on the run game. We can’t keep treading water offensively and playing like Drew is coming back under center. This conservative scheming is going to have to be toned down.

I think I was saying we need to give Jameis a break. Brady is the best and he had his worse career game last year and then won the SB.

That's all I meant. And it wasn't just directed at you specifically but at all of us.

It is through adversity you show your true grit and value. Jameis has historically been very good against the blitz (over 70% completion if I remember right). Yesterday he looked confused, did not call out the proper protection schemes (even when you could see the safeties creeping up for a blitz). But it was his decisions on throw aways and trying (again) to be a superhero, when you are under such pressure. He should be religious about taking care of the ball. Fight for another down rather than toss it away ... in hope for a miracle. I am sure he is very dissapointed in his performance. He has done "the talk" now for weeks .. now he must "walk the walk"

You don’t think the panthers knew something to rush Winston this much. Obviously they assumed this is how it would turn out. They game planned it.
It’s what they do. Payton said they knew exactly what Carolina wanted to do and they simply didn’t prepare the linemen well enough.

People trying to put this on Jameis somehow is amazing to me.

I know less about Jameis than I did 3 weeks ago.

Week 1, got all the help in the world.
Week 2, got no help.

As ugly as it was from the bad decisions, inability to recognize the blitz presnap and hesitancy it was one game.
I'm looking forward to seeing Shizzle's break down of how smart those throws from Jameis were.

I mean, it's 2 games. I hope (and believe) both the team and Jamies can bounce back from a poor performance. There were a lot of variables that went against us....I hope the position coaches are back for the next game, we will see what happens....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom