THAT is Jameis (1 Viewer)

msusaintsfan

All-Pro & Resident Ninja
Reaction score
Diamondhead, MS via Houston, Tx, via Starkville, M
It’s what they do. Payton said they knew exactly what Carolina wanted to do and they simply didn’t prepare the linemen well enough.

People trying to put this on Jameis somehow is amazing to me.
The same thing people did for Brees, the QB always gets the blame.

Doesn't matter if he passes for 4 TDs and 400 yards. The QB gets the blame even if he was perfect and the Defense gives up 600 yards and five TDs. The nature of the game.

Now everyone on the team from whatever coaches we had on down deserves blame on yesterday's game.

Last edited:

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The same thing people did for Brees, the QB always gets the blame.

Doesn't matter mater if he passes for 4 TDs and 400 yards. The QB gets the blame even if he was perfect and the Defense gives up 600 yards and five TDs. The nature of the game.

Now everyone on the team from whatever coaches we had on down deserves blame on yesterday's game.
Been the same as forever. Go back to the bad games in 07, 08, Brees was catching it then. Jameis a big boy, he can handle fans being mad at him because they dont like what they see.

QB gonna always get the credit and blame. Let's not even talk about hiw they treated AB, who won our first playoff game. We were dealing with some serious stuff with that. Jameis can handle fans being upset, critical...or even just not liking him...nothing new.

Last edited:

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Frankly I counted at least 7 times that the Panthers were lined up for a bull rush on defense and then did exactly as they were showing. Yet Jameis still setup for the long pass play rather than audible to a quick dump play as we've been accustomed to seeing in the past. That sure would have been better than throwing the ball away or taking the sack. Do you suppose that Winston is being handcuffed by his coach? If so, the question has to be, 'Why?'
I know Terron said that there were serious communication issues, so I honestly don't know. obviously, he does not have the free-range with plays like Drew but he has the ability to switch from a run to a pass or vice versa. Nick and Deuce should have the film breakdown soon, so I think we will have a better idea. It's not like the Packers didn't try to blitz last week.

Reaction score
I know Terron said that there were serious communication issues, so I honestly don't know. obviously, he does not have the free-range with plays like Drew but he has the ability to switch from a run to a pass or vice versa. Nick and Deuce should have the film breakdown soon, so I think we will have a better idea. It's not like the Packers didn't try to blitz last week.
I know there are communication issues & hopefully that is something they can get worked out, but one thing I'm really interested to see as well is whether or not there are receivers getting open. It's really difficult to tell watching on TV because the camera follows the ball. Whether it's a lack of talent at the position, a lack of time, game planning/situation, Winston not seeing the field or any combination of those, it's already disturbing the lack of production from that position.

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I know there are communication issues & hopefully that is something they can get worked out, but one thing I'm really interested to see as well is whether or not there are receivers getting open. It's really difficult to tell watching on TV because the camera follows the ball. Whether it's a lack of talent at the position, a lack of time, game planning/situation, Winston not seeing the field or any combination of those, it's already disturbing the lack of production from that position.
The Saints most productive (from a career perspective) WR was playing professional Lacrosse before the Saints signed him to a contract.

That‘s probably the clue on why the WRs aren’t producing.

breesgirl

Practice Squad
Reaction score

But it’s not just the game plan. Pass protection also relies on the quarterback and center to identify defensive alignments and assignment protection adjustments before the snap. With his vast experience and famed preparation habits, Drew Brees was a master at these pre-snap reads and checks. And Erik McCoy had shown remarkable aptitude for the responsibility, as well.

“Jameis is a talent. I’m not gonna take that away from him,” Panthers defensive end Brian Burns said to The Athletic afterward. “But Drew had a way of getting rid of the ball, and he was very decisive when he did it. Drew was a legend, obviously. I wouldn’t call it a drop-off. It’s just a different quarterback.”
And this is what so many Saints fans overlooked in losing Drew. Those dinks and dunks are what defenses truly hate. It’s because they keep the ball moving and cause death by 1000 cuts. That type of ball control leaves the D sucking wind by mid 3rd quarter. When you only rely on quick scores you end up tiring out your own defense.

God willing Jameis will learn how to take the easy five to ten yard throws and forgo the bombs unless they are readily available. Imagine JW with a command of the intermediate game and a deep ball. We’d be one of the top teams again for sure. I believe in JW. Sean will help him become the best QB version of himself.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This loss isn’t on Winston. Guy couldn’t even set long enough to scan the field. Carolinas defense made our offensive line look like it didn’t even exist.

And that's the end of the debate for me. It's not reasonable to hang this loss on Winston. Also, our defense made Sam Darnold look like a top notch QB.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And this is what so many Saints fans overlooked in losing Drew. Those dinks and dunks are what defenses truly hate. It’s because they keep the ball moving and cause death by 1000 cuts. That type of ball control leaves the D sucking wind by mid 3rd quarter. When you only rely on quick scores you end up tiring out your own defense.

God willing Jameis will learn how to take the easy five to ten yard throws and forgo the bombs unless they are readily available. Imagine JW with a command of the intermediate game and a deep ball. We’d be one of the top teams again for sure. I believe in JW. Sean will help him become the best QB version of himself.
It's a cornerstone of the WCO. I never heard of a defense complaining about their offense scoring too quickly, just being on the field too long without a break. No one has said Payton's offense was about to change, just the deep ball that forces defenses to respect all levels of the field which was missing the last few years.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Taysom and Harris with the most separation...

An ugly pattern takes form
Who is the underneath guy in the middle of the field just a step away from the line to gain? :unsure:
A decent pass there keeps the drive going without trying to heave an off balance throw to Harris that never got close to his target.

Reaction score
Who is the underneath guy in the middle of the field just a step away from the line to gain? :unsure:
A decent pass there keeps the drive going without trying to heave an off balance throw to Harris that never got close to his target.
Good protection is a walk in TD.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Trautman, I believe lol. So... You got to weigh in on him drop the ball or the DB closing in for a pass break up. I think like 70%... It doesn't get completed

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The only pass available was Harris, force it to Trautman or throw it away for a 55 yard field goal with a journeyman kicker.

consider that the pressure made Hill unreadable target and that sideline throw is even more risky for get pick six'd.

Harris was our only chance to win on that play with minimal time remaining . Bad play management on 1st and 2nd down set up that circumstance to be plausible.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Trautman, I believe lol. So... You got to weigh in on him drop the ball or the DB closing in for a pass break up. I think like 70%... It doesn't get completed

Then we kick the field goal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom