THAT is Jameis (1 Viewer)

It's funny how everyone talks trash about no separation from receivers in this game. I've already told y'all that was the issue in the TB playoff gm. Receivers were not getting open. This offense was just as congested as they were with Brees and most of you said JW would open up this offense with the deep throws. It's not looking that way. Payton is sticking to short routes and screenplays because JW does not look comfortable throwing the ball at all. Until JW gets confident in his ability to pass and avoid pressure, this offense will remain poor. It didn't help that Payton refuse to run the ball to take pressure from Winston. Last year our defense played poor in the backfield (except TB) and Brees smart QB play is what lead us the first 5/6 weeks.

I expect Winston to get better, but I do believe that Hill/Jones needs to be more involved in this offense to help make it more effective.

Jameis better than Taysom at the QB spot. But Jameis is not the long term answer. We have to hope Jameis has more good games this year then he does bad.

No hate, but for those who downvoted this thread, did last week make you think that was the true Jameis Winston?

Winston had a bad game. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some of you would still be singin' the same sad song, "same ole Jameis." I'm glad that it happened now. Get it out of the way. Now we can all get back to football.

No hate, but for those who downvoted this thread, did last week make you think that was the true Jameis Winston?
He will be somewhere in between. Every QB has bad games. Hopefully closer to the good side. Also it wouldn’t hurt if the entire team doesn’t implode when he plays badly.

I’m as big a Winston doubter as there is out there… I did NOT want to see him leading this team this season… but…

This has a lot more to do with no McCoy, no Lattimore, no CGJ, no Kwon, no CGM, no Davenport, and minus 8 assistant coaches than it does with Jameis.

The entire team looked discombobulated… and it is what it is… get healthy boys (coaches too).

I didn’t see any threads last week. Show up now? How expected.
Be prepared for the chicken sheet posts from the "Taysom Hill needs to ask to be traded" crew who are oh too happy to come here and celebrate a Saints loss. Payton got out-coached. Allen got out-coached. Our O-line got manhandled. Our D-line got pushed around. Darnald was throwing to wide open WR's all day.

Winston played a sheetty game today and made 2 stupid plays. No one will deny that. However, the same chicken sheet posters coming here to celebrate today are the same ones who would bend over backwards to make excuses for Brees on days just like today.

The reality is he had a good game in week 1 although 148 yards was the lowest in history with 5 TD's. He made good decisions although he had all day to throw the ball. Today they came after him. Every QB is less effective with pressure. Jameis history says he struggles more than most with pressure.

I do think we saw the exact questionable decision making Jameis has been know for all his career. Dumb decisions. If Sean Payton can turn this around he should win coach of the decade.

Let's see what happens next week. I don't expect it to be better with us going to New England.
I’ve said he had a good game last week, but after re-watching it, I think it was closer to average. Upon giving my grade to each pass, I counted 1 great ( TD to Harris), 6 good passes (Marquez crossing, Harris deep out, 3 short crossing routes to Trautman including the drop, and the TD to Hogan) and 6 bad (a short one into the ground to Trautman, a long overthrow of Calloway, the Kamara twisty, a short one into the ground to Kamara, the Juwan overturned interception, and the Juwan corner TD). The rest were what I call neutral passes as some traveled about 5 yards and were not difficult. The point is many people were convinced that he had a great game because of the 5 TD stat line, but that stat is deceptive, so I said the defense won the game, plus a good running game, so he didn’t have to do much to get those stats. I also said that he can’t expect that much help in most weeks, so he would have to play better for us to have a good season. I didn’t watch the game today, but he was well below average today based on the stats, but he didn’t get nearly as much help this time, including from the refs, so the outcome was bad, and the stats are probably again deceptive. I don’t know what we have with Winston, but I never bought the hype from last week, so I also won’t buy the calamitous claims this week. Maybe the circumstances this week were truly too much to overcome.

The blitzers were reaching Winston at about the same time as the ball. There was nobody to screen the ball to.
When a Blitzer has a free run at the QB it usually his responsibility whether it be presnap or a hot route. It's easy to send more rushers than an offense can block, there is a reason why defenses don't do it often. Jameis has to be that reason or we have to max protect every snap and handcuff our offense.

I didn't see him audible or change protections. I also don't know if Payton is giving him that flexibility.

If you don't have skill players that can beat man coverage then it makes the QB's job really difficult.

In conclusion, it was one game with as many problems as possible stacked against us it is really hard to evaluate anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom