THAT is Jameis (2 Viewers)

Winston didn’t play well. He made some horrible throws. I will say that you can’t overlook the fact that he was pressured on a whopping 64% of his dropbacks. This is where we realize what we miss in Brees, as he usually would recognize where the pressure would be coming from and make the appropriate adjustments. Either way, inexcusable play by the o-line. As bad as Winston looked, I personally can’t put it on him. Not to say he doesn’t have room to grow. Some QBs like we had with Brees can take advantage of blitzes. Hopefully Winston gets there, but this o-line had a horrific day and has to be better.

Personally, I don’t see Jameis being our QB beyond this year but this is a ridiculous post. There is very little he could have done today considering he was pressured on the majority of plays. He made some bad decisions but they only came when we were losing heavily anyway. Judge him when we at least have all our coaches on the sideline

To Jameis’ credit…..he doesn’t have a good group of WRs.

but he also had a good group of WRs in TB.

Let the man have some more games with some of our key defensive players back and coaches as well. Plus, our players have not been in New Orleans since before game 1. Can’t be easy

Yeah, I want to see us actually play a game in the Superdome with a full crowd cheering them on before I make too many judgments. If we lay an egg in the Dome vs. NYG, then I'll be a lot more concerned. Re: today, I'm of the belief that everyone on offense, from Jameis to the OL to the WR looked either bad or downright terrible and most of our offensive coaches being in COVID protocols probably contributed to the situation as well.

Jameis was put in a position where he had to do everything.

that was the end result.

Also.. Kamara didnt looks elusive at all. Just speed.

The game did answer one question. Payton is loyal to his decisions. I don't expect to see a QB change this year.

Some of Winston’s decisions were horrid, essentially both picks. But I’m giving this game a pass with half the coaching staff out, a ton of inactive starters and we still have to consider being re-homed at TCU due to Ida. I managed my expectations for this game with all of those obstacles.

1632091524860.jpeg
When FOX showed that Missing Pieces graphic during the game today it certainly did remind everyone how depleted we were for Week 2. It usually takes a month or more to lose this many starters to injuries. Personally I think we will continue to struggle until we get these important pieces of our team back on the field.

But that said, I still don't think our starting QB in two years is on our roster right now. I really wanted to see Jameis resurrect his career here in New Orleans and be our new franchise QB. But he wasn't looking very cool under pressure today, and I'm not sure if he had most of those starters back that things would have been much different.

I'll be happy to eat my words if I'm wrong about Winston. But I think that Sean already knows that he is going to have to find a true long term starter that will have better game management skills. A part of me hopes I'm wrong. But Jameis seems to be a good QB only when everyone else is excelling at their job. And we need a little bit more than that if we are going to pick up where Drew left off. A really great starting QB makes everyone else look better when the team isn't in sync.

But I'll be pulling for him to improve. We need him to be our leader. He's the best we have right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom