THAT is Jameis (1 Viewer)

I would understand if Winston was falling off the wheel to start the game. He was getting grinded for a long time and took a lot of hits before he started pressing.

Maybe. But this week was probably much more about being without 8 coaches. We have them for a reason, and when you've got a 4th string QB doing substitutions, things aren't going to go well. The new center also obviously could not call protections.

I would understand if Winston was falling off the wheel to start the game. He was getting grinded for a long time and took a lot of hits before he started pressing.
I took a bit of a hiatus from SR. My middle-of-the-road effort to moderate Jameis zeal after the second Pre Season game received a bit more flame than I like.

I didn't come back to say I told you so, instead; I want to remind everyone of a game where we totally embarrassed the TB Bucs.

How did that work out for the Buc Boys?

Games like last week are rare. Games like today are rare. Neither is a yardstick for the season. Moderation people.

Definitely not all on him, however if you can’t read defenses and pick up who is blitzing etc. Then it’s gonna be a long year!
He read defenses fine last week. And if a WR isn’t open, you can’t throw to him

And the “blitzers” weren’t really blitzers. They were down linemen or LBs coming on a free release.

So it’s not like he could call a hot read to a WR when Brian Burns is on his backside in 1.2 seconds.

I want JW to Excell because I am a Saints fan. The problem seems to be getting rid of the ball. Last week he had time. This week when the clock is short we see the problem. Drew was always the quickest in the league at getting the ball out. We won a lot of ugly games like this with Drew because eventually he got the defense to break. My criticism of JW is that his release is too long. But Sean has to change that or have 9 offensive linemen.

Definitely not all on him, however if you can’t read defenses and pick up who is blitzing etc. Then it’s gonna be a long year!
Did you even watch the game? They had 6 or 7 men on the LoS the entire game overloading both sides. Whichever side did not have the running back blitzed and the other side bracket covered Kamara. The only option was to hit quick passes but there corners were simply better than our recovers and locked them up. You can't slide protection against double overloads. The only viable option is to run the ball and we tried and couldn't do it.

Did you even watch the game? They had 6 or 7 men on the LoS the entire game overloading both sides. Whichever side did not have the running back blitzed and the other side bracket covered Kamara. The only option was to hit quick passes but there corners were simply better than our recovers and locked them up. You can't slide protection against double overloads. The only viable option is to run the ball and we tried and couldn't do it.
If they are blitzing seven then someone is uncovered and open.

I am a Saints fan first, so when I see poor play by a player, I will say something. The idea that Winston needs to be critiqued with kid gloves, or not be criticized like Drew (even though Drew had more skins on the wall, and built up more goodwill) is asinine.

I saw the entire game. So they kept doing the same thing over and over right? And we/him adjusted how?

I am a Saints fan first, so when I see poor play by a player, I will say something. The idea that Winston needs to be critiqued with kid gloves, or not be criticized like Drew (even though Drew had more skins on the wall, and built up more goodwill) is asinine.
No one feels he should be handled with kid gloves.

But everything this team was missing played an enormous role in his performance. He made a couple really bad decisions. But neither would have mattered because of the 15-20 other snaps he was either sacked, pressured or hurried and simply had nowhere to go.

Even with Brees, we get crushed in this game if we're missing everyone we were missing today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom