THAT is Jameis (2 Viewers)

I know Terron said that there were serious communication issues, so I honestly don't know. obviously, he does not have the free-range with plays like Drew but he has the ability to switch from a run to a pass or vice versa. Nick and Deuce should have the film breakdown soon, so I think we will have a better idea. It's not like the Packers didn't try to blitz last week.
I know there are communication issues & hopefully that is something they can get worked out, but one thing I'm really interested to see as well is whether or not there are receivers getting open. It's really difficult to tell watching on TV because the camera follows the ball. Whether it's a lack of talent at the position, a lack of time, game planning/situation, Winston not seeing the field or any combination of those, it's already disturbing the lack of production from that position.

I know there are communication issues & hopefully that is something they can get worked out, but one thing I'm really interested to see as well is whether or not there are receivers getting open. It's really difficult to tell watching on TV because the camera follows the ball. Whether it's a lack of talent at the position, a lack of time, game planning/situation, Winston not seeing the field or any combination of those, it's already disturbing the lack of production from that position.
The Saints most productive (from a career perspective) WR was playing professional Lacrosse before the Saints signed him to a contract.

That‘s probably the clue on why the WRs aren’t producing.

But it’s not just the game plan. Pass protection also relies on the quarterback and center to identify defensive alignments and assignment protection adjustments before the snap. With his vast experience and famed preparation habits, Drew Brees was a master at these pre-snap reads and checks. And Erik McCoy had shown remarkable aptitude for the responsibility, as well.

“Jameis is a talent. I’m not gonna take that away from him,” Panthers defensive end Brian Burns said to The Athletic afterward. “But Drew had a way of getting rid of the ball, and he was very decisive when he did it. Drew was a legend, obviously. I wouldn’t call it a drop-off. It’s just a different quarterback.”
And this is what so many Saints fans overlooked in losing Drew. Those dinks and dunks are what defenses truly hate. It’s because they keep the ball moving and cause death by 1000 cuts. That type of ball control leaves the D sucking wind by mid 3rd quarter. When you only rely on quick scores you end up tiring out your own defense.

God willing Jameis will learn how to take the easy five to ten yard throws and forgo the bombs unless they are readily available. Imagine JW with a command of the intermediate game and a deep ball. We’d be one of the top teams again for sure. I believe in JW. Sean will help him become the best QB version of himself.

This loss isn’t on Winston. Guy couldn’t even set long enough to scan the field. Carolinas defense made our offensive line look like it didn’t even exist.

And that's the end of the debate for me. It's not reasonable to hang this loss on Winston. Also, our defense made Sam Darnold look like a top notch QB.

And this is what so many Saints fans overlooked in losing Drew. Those dinks and dunks are what defenses truly hate. It’s because they keep the ball moving and cause death by 1000 cuts. That type of ball control leaves the D sucking wind by mid 3rd quarter. When you only rely on quick scores you end up tiring out your own defense.

God willing Jameis will learn how to take the easy five to ten yard throws and forgo the bombs unless they are readily available. Imagine JW with a command of the intermediate game and a deep ball. We’d be one of the top teams again for sure. I believe in JW. Sean will help him become the best QB version of himself.
It's a cornerstone of the WCO. I never heard of a defense complaining about their offense scoring too quickly, just being on the field too long without a break. No one has said Payton's offense was about to change, just the deep ball that forces defenses to respect all levels of the field which was missing the last few years.

Taysom and Harris with the most separation...

An ugly pattern takes form

Who is the underneath guy in the middle of the field just a step away from the line to gain? :unsure:
A decent pass there keeps the drive going without trying to heave an off balance throw to Harris that never got close to his target.

Who is the underneath guy in the middle of the field just a step away from the line to gain? :unsure:
A decent pass there keeps the drive going without trying to heave an off balance throw to Harris that never got close to his target.
Good protection is a walk in TD.

Trautman, I believe lol. So... You got to weigh in on him drop the ball or the DB closing in for a pass break up. I think like 70%... It doesn't get completed

The only pass available was Harris, force it to Trautman or throw it away for a 55 yard field goal with a journeyman kicker.

consider that the pressure made Hill unreadable target and that sideline throw is even more risky for get pick six'd.

Harris was our only chance to win on that play with minimal time remaining . Bad play management on 1st and 2nd down set up that circumstance to be plausible.

Trautman, I believe lol. So... You got to weigh in on him drop the ball or the DB closing in for a pass break up. I think like 70%... It doesn't get completed

Then we kick the field goal.

Kicking a 55 yard outdoor field goal in the wind... Okay pal. He's not that guy.
If he was that guy, he probably isn't available for the Saints to pick up off the streets before the season, so, your point stands. Throwing to Harris was probably the single best option available. Just needed another 12" worth of protection to get set before letting it fly.

Worst WR talent in the entire league at the moment, worst OL performance I've ever seen for a Saints team. I'm not worried about Jameis. He didn't have a great game even keeping that in mind, but he wasn't the problem yesterday.

A 17 yard pass to Trautman with nothing between him and Winston but green grass could have been rifled to him long before the cornerback could have closed in on it. The only question would have been whether Trautman would have hauled it in. But if he is that unreliable, then we need someone else out there running that route. We need a guy who can catch a crossing route when we need it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom