That little trick play at the end of the game.. (1 Viewer)

Billgluckman

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The taysom to Kamara pass. I’ve seen people say it was s.p being a little petty and just rubbing it on the medias new favorite team, but when I saw it I thought something different.

At that point in the game it was obviously un needed. When I saw it I thought that maybe that was his way of showing the league that when taysom is in and lined up as a receiver you better still respect the deep ball. Definitely could be wrong, just wondering if anyone else thought this was a way to force teams to not play the short game on brees.

The Saints were holding on to an 11 point lead with 2:30 left. It was 2nd down, the Bucs had a timeout and the two minute warning. We’ve all seen some crazy endings. I’m glad the team was aggressive in maintaining possession and running down the clock.

The taysom to Kamara pass. I’ve seen people say it was s.p being a little petty and just rubbing it on the medias new favorite team, but when I saw it I thought something different.

At that point in the game it was obviously un needed. When I saw it I thought that maybe that was his way of showing the league that when taysom is in and lined up as a receiver you better still respect the deep ball. Definitely could be wrong, just wondering if anyone else thought this was a way to force teams to not play the short game on brees.

Yeah an opportunity to add something for teams to worry about.

Both teams were using their time wisely with their starters out there.

When they swarmed Taysom on the 3rd down try, I’m sure SP realized he needed to show this play
Not only for Taysom but AK as well (or whomever AK would be the decoy for - TE leaking out most likely)

Right, I definitely think the play was more than just “pettiness”. I think it was definitely a chess move for season.

When they swarmed Taysom on the 3rd down try, I’m sure SP realized he needed to show this play
Not only for Taysom but AK as well (or whomever AK would be the decoy for - TE leaking out most likely)

Yep, Payton likely wanted this play on film, so defenses have to think twice about crowding the line when Taysom comes in.

Loved the play. And I agree, it forces future teams to wonder what will happen the next time we line up in that alignments.

Payton 100% should’ve taken the starters off the field after that, though. At least MT, AK, etc.

I wont argue your points, they are all solid. He showed his hand in a spot where he had no reason to show that hand. It was a strategic set up.

But do not for 1 second think it wasn't Payton also being petty. He is the Tom Petty of petty. There may not be a head coach in the history of coaching that is as petty as Payton is. So I agree with you, but never, ever underestimate the Payton petty.

I've been waiting for this play or something like it for 2 years now. I just surprised it took this long for them to do it. I had dreams of all 3 QB's been on field Drew, Teddy, and Taysom. Having Drew throw to to Teddy then Teddy throwing to Taysom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom