That little trick play at the end of the game.. (1 Viewer)

Since when is a team "suppose" to take their foot off the gas?!?! These are professional players. If you wanna stop am offense then get your @ss in gear and stop the offense. If a team is having success running a play, let's say a screen (Rams) and the opposing defense (Cowboys) are not able to defend it, why change it?!?! Shut your crybaby pie holes. Brady is one of those QB's you don't let off the hook. CSP keep your foot on the gas and drive it home!

Since when is a team "suppose" to take their foot off the gas?!?! These are professional players. If you wanna stop am offense then get your @ss in gear and stop the offense. If a team is having success running a play, let's say a screen (Rams) and the opposing defense (Cowboys) are not able to defend it, why change it?!?! Shut your crybaby pie holes. Brady is one of those QB's you don't let off the hook. CSP keep your foot on the gas and drive it home!

I agree 100%. Letting off the gas has not resulting in anything good for us the playoffs lately. And you definitely don’t give Tom Brady any second chances!

Yup. We really needed that on the reel for week 1. When teams don't respect the pass from Taysom those plays aren't as effective. He threw a nice one, too.

The Saints were holding on to an 11 point lead with 2:30 left. It was 2nd down, the Bucs had a timeout and the two minute warning. We’ve all seen some crazy endings. I’m glad the team was aggressive in maintaining possession and running down the clock.

Exactly. How many times have we been upset because we started playing safe and allowed teams back in the game or actually let them come back and beat us? You put the game away when you have the chance. Just because nail-biters make for more interesting games, that doesn't mean you try to create them.

When they swarmed Taysom on the 3rd down try, I’m sure SP realized he needed to show this play
Not only for Taysom but AK as well (or whomever AK would be the decoy for - TE leaking out most likely)
This right here is exactly the result of that 3rd play prior too.. They swarmed the minute Drew released. Hill never had a chance, 3 yard loss in fact. Set the table, and come back and serve the main dish.
As for the saints, NO APOLOGIES. Objective is to win, untill 0:00.

The taysom to Kamara pass. I’ve seen people say it was s.p being a little petty and just rubbing it on the medias new favorite team, but when I saw it I thought something different.

At that point in the game it was obviously un needed. When I saw it I thought that maybe that was his way of showing the league that when taysom is in and lined up as a receiver you better still respect the deep ball. Definitely could be wrong, just wondering if anyone else thought this was a way to force teams to not play the short game on brees.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

anyone else disappointed that AK didn't take it to the house!!!

He had One Man To Beat! (Yeah, there was another defender but if AK jukes the defender between him and the goal line...)

--------

Two things about the play:

1- It's the NFL, Tampa needs to be ready for anything regardless of score, etc.

2- Saints needed a play to keep the drive alive. (Yeah, Saints were ahead by 11 with 2:18 and it was only 2nd down...)

I was fine with the aggressiveness of running that play in that situation, except that it's almost guaranteed to work the first time you call it and perhaps could have been dialed up at a more critical juncture.

Going for the TD on 4th down near the goal line with time all but expired was probably a little unnecessary.

I wont argue your points, they are all solid. He showed his hand in a spot where he had no reason to show that hand. It was a strategic set up.

But do not for 1 second think it wasn't Payton also being petty. He is the Tom Petty of petty. There may not be a head coach in the history of coaching that is as petty as Payton is. So I agree with you, but never, ever underestimate the Payton petty.

He is very petty but that play had zero pettiness to it. The game wasn't over yet. Only up 11 with 2:30 left and Tampa has 2 time outs while it's second down. We needed to ice that game.

I never realized how much attention Taysom gets from a defense until that play. 8 players rushed to him soon as the ball went in his direction sheesh ..with all the weapons on offense we have, every Tampa player was looking to stop him and him only lol

How quickly we forget the 3 onsides kicks from Atlanta last year. That game was over until it wasnt. That wasnt being petty, that was trying to ensure a win!!!
I was listening to Zach and Deuce on the radio. It was one of the most stressed out games I had ever listened to.

It was a brilliant call for that point in the game. In this situation the Bucs were hyper focused on the run which is what made the play work so well and at that point it was get a first down and the game is over. I think we should use these passes by backs more often. It would force the defense to stay disciplined rather than just swarm Kamara.

Yup. We really needed that on the reel for week 1. When teams don't respect the pass from Taysom those plays aren't as effective. He threw a nice one, too.
Actually the pass was underthrown. As such the safety was able to help the corner make the tackle. Yes it was a tough pass that had to travel to the other side of the field, but if Kamara doesn't have to slow down and wait for the pass, he probably beats that cornerback one on one to the endzone.

So that's another good reason why I'm glad the Saints was able to try it in a real game. I'm sure the point was made about the pass being a bit late when they watched the game film.

Last edited:
i thought it was risky. A pick 6 or a fumble return TD could have resulted in a 34-31 game with the Bucs kicking off with about 2:08 left in the game. One timeout and a 2 minute warning. A three and out gives Brady the ball with about 1 minute left needing a field goal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom