That Mississippi State QB today. Does he have a future in the NFL? Discuss! (1 Viewer)

OP
Reaction score
Sir... I already made thread for this.

But no. Air Raid offense. He had about 4 TOs. He has some bad highs and lows. He needs to get better.
And You going to tell me an NFL QB does not turn ball over? Start with Brees.
Looks like the Chargers got their replacement for Rivers in Justin Hebert Anyone saw that coming?

Also Arizona Cardinals run the air raid . So far it looks impressive. Chiefs run it too. These qb’s can work in NFL.

Last edited:

kewee

I exist as I am, that is enough
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He has a chance to really raise his draft stock under Mike Leach. He's got talent, for sure.... Ran a much more conservative offensive system at Stanford, but if I remember right, he was pretty consistent.

Reaction score
If he can keep working to get better and eliminate some of the mistakes then yes I definitely think so. It’s game one in a new system so some of that is kind of expected. Throws a real pretty pass and was hitting the receivers in stride on the deep throws. Main concern is the long wind up and he doesn’t put a ton of arc on his throws- might be an issue in the league but idk, should be able to work on that.

OP
Reaction score
Interesting

mahomes-kyler-murray-gardner-minshew

Five starting QBs—15.6 percent of the league’s total—will have been coached by just two men: Mike Leach, the scatterbrained genius who brought the Air Raid and an obsession with pirates to the college football mainstream, and Kliff Kingsbury, who played quarterback for Leach at Texas Tech and later became the head coach of the Red Raiders. (The QB count rises to six if we count Kyler Murray, considering that Kingsbury is now the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.)

dboysaints

Rookie
Reaction score
Let's see what Costello can do in the next few weeks before we crown him a high nfl pick. I think he has good size and arm strength and accuracy. In saying that..i dont mind Saints using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him or higher if he has good stats by end of year...

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Take into consideration that prior to last year Joe Burrow would be a reach as a 1st round pick (remember it was “Tank for Tua”). He worked, and as the season went on his draft stock went off like a rocket.

I would like to see where Costello’s stock goes, but I wouldn’t rule anything out atm. 2020 be wild y’all.

Last edited:

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kinda tough to say right now. LSU didn’t have Stingley playing. They started a bunch of guys with basically no in game experience at CB. Blown coverages, out of position a lot, and missed assignments. Costello can play no doubt, but killing LSU’s inexperienced secondary is not a good gauge honestly

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)