That Mississippi State QB today. Does he have a future in the NFL? Discuss! (2 Viewers)

200.gif

LSU's defense would have made ME look like an NFL quaterback...so lets pump the brakes here :hihi:
Have you seen the Falcons defense?

Stingley is arguably the best DB in college...so that certainly will help.
I don't think it's arguable and he's a true Sophomore. He's as special as they come. He is on track to have a Charles Woodson or Dion Sanders type impact at the college level, he's that good. When you take him off the field after losing 2 other corners to the NFL it's really tough to play against Mike Leach's system. Literally the 1 team in the country I'd least like to play while missing a star corner. The flexibility he allows the coaching staff on defense is remarkable. If he is on the field we aren't getting beat deep at all, let alone repeatedly.

As for the MSU's QB, that guy is a turnover machine. He turned the ball over 4 times and had another 4-5 close calls. Unless he stops making the high risk/low reward throws and learns how to protect the ball when moving in the pocket he wont even get the chance in the NFL. It was his first game after coming from the Ivy League to the SEC so nobody knows what the future holds for him.

I don't think it's arguable and he's a true Sophomore. He's as special as they come. He is on track to have a Charles Woodson or Dion Sanders type impact at the college level, he's that good. When you take him off the field after losing 2 other corners to the NFL it's really tough to play against Mike Leach's system. Literally the 1 team in the country I'd least like to play while missing a star corner. The flexibility he allows the coaching staff on defense is remarkable. If he is on the field we aren't getting beat deep at all, let alone repeatedly.

As for the MSU's QB, that guy is a turnover machine. He turned the ball over 4 times and had another 4-5 close calls. Unless he stops making the high risk/low reward throws and learns how to protect the ball when moving in the pocket he wont even get the chance in the NFL. It was his first game after coming from the Ivy League to the SEC so nobody knows what the future holds for him.
Well the narrative around here from the LSU faithful was that they were 3 touchdowns better and that their backups were better than the Bulldogs starters.

Hilarious seeing the excuses now. And what is this about the Ivy League?

Well the narrative around here from the LSU faithful was that they were 3 touchdowns better and that their backups were better than the Bulldogs starters.

Hilarious seeing the excuses now. And what is this about the Ivy League?
It's not an excuse. Pac-10, not Ivy league, slightly better.

The guy could have had a lot more turnovers than he did. Don't worry though, Arkansas picked him off 3 more times and he helped them end the longest losing streak in the SEC.

Gimmicks don't last in the SEC and if you don't think film on the team made a difference you're insane. Line up DS out there next week and roll that game back and LSU wins by 20 and no, I do not think LSU is that good this year.

It's not an excuse. Pac-10, not Ivy league, slightly better.

The guy could have had a lot more turnovers than he did. Don't worry though, Arkansas picked him off 3 more times and he helped them end the longest losing streak in the SEC.

Gimmicks don't last in the SEC and if you don't think film on the team made a difference you're insane. Line up DS out there next week and roll that game back and LSU wins by 20 and no, I do not think LSU is that good this year.
Give Leach a couple recruiting seasons.

Also, of course film makes a difference. There is 20 years of Leach running this offense on film. The shocking thing is LSU never adjusted. They played man to man the whole game. Playing a Dime defense cover 4 with a 3 man rush prevent style defense isnt groundbreaking against a team that has 6 receivers and throws it 80 times a game.

How can you not recognize the incredible tight and accurate throws KJ made against LSU with good coverage? The Arkansas game was more on the receivers for having no clue to not run through the throwing lane into the next defender.

Last edited:
Didn't see any of the game, but just saw that Ms State lost 24-2 to Kentucky. Oof...for both Ms State and LSU.

Again, I didn't see any of the game, so it may have been due to in-game injuries. But, looking at the box score, Costello put up decent yardage #'s, but Costello threw 4 picks.

Didn't see any of the game, but just saw that Ms State lost 24-2 to Kentucky. Oof...for both Ms State and LSU.

Again, I didn't see any of the game, so it may have been due to in-game injuries. But, looking at the box score, Costello put up decent yardage #'s, but Costello threw 4 picks.

Let's face it. LSU's defense is that bad. Bama will get a td every drive and maybe kneel at the end of the game. I'm expecting 70-80 points.

Time to move on to the freshman. Costello looked horrible, but any QB will when you get pressured by a 3 man rush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom