That Mississippi State QB today. Does he have a future in the NFL? Discuss! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Is that the next Drew Brees in the making or is LSU’s defense that bad? Discuss if you watched this kid just destroy the LSU defense today.

Sir... I already made thread for this.

But no. Air Raid offense. He had about 4 TOs. He has some bad highs and lows. He needs to get better.
And You going to tell me an NFL QB does not turn ball over? Start with Brees.
Looks like the Chargers got their replacement for Rivers in Justin Hebert Anyone saw that coming?

Also Arizona Cardinals run the air raid . So far it looks impressive. Chiefs run it too. These qb’s can work in NFL.

Last edited:
He has a chance to really raise his draft stock under Mike Leach. He's got talent, for sure.... Ran a much more conservative offensive system at Stanford, but if I remember right, he was pretty consistent.

If he can keep working to get better and eliminate some of the mistakes then yes I definitely think so. It’s game one in a new system so some of that is kind of expected. Throws a real pretty pass and was hitting the receivers in stride on the deep throws. Main concern is the long wind up and he doesn’t put a ton of arc on his throws- might be an issue in the league but idk, should be able to work on that.

Interesting

mahomes-kyler-murray-gardner-minshew

Five starting QBs—15.6 percent of the league’s total—will have been coached by just two men: Mike Leach, the scatterbrained genius who brought the Air Raid and an obsession with pirates to the college football mainstream, and Kliff Kingsbury, who played quarterback for Leach at Texas Tech and later became the head coach of the Red Raiders. (The QB count rises to six if we count Kyler Murray, considering that Kingsbury is now the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.)

Let's see what Costello can do in the next few weeks before we crown him a high nfl pick. I think he has good size and arm strength and accuracy. In saying that..i dont mind Saints using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him or higher if he has good stats by end of year...

Take into consideration that prior to last year Joe Burrow would be a reach as a 1st round pick (remember it was “Tank for Tua”). He worked, and as the season went on his draft stock went off like a rocket.

I would like to see where Costello’s stock goes, but I wouldn’t rule anything out atm. 2020 be wild y’all.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom