That Mississippi State QB today. Does he have a future in the NFL? Discuss! (1 Viewer)

Kinda tough to say right now. LSU didn’t have Stingley playing. They started a bunch of guys with basically no in game experience at CB. Blown coverages, out of position a lot, and missed assignments. Costello can play no doubt, but killing LSU’s inexperienced secondary is not a good gauge honestly

Last edited:
I would have to see a whole lot of other tangibles to make me not Leary of a QB out of that system. There have been other passing system coaches and it’s very hard to separate the numbers generated by the system and the numbers generated by an NFL ready QB.

Certainly he has a shot, but I'd like to see a lot more of him before thinking he is the next Mahomes. He could be the next Minchew or more likely, the next Kliff Kingsbury, but taller.

Is that the next Drew Brees in the making or is LSU’s defense that bad? Discuss if you watched this kid just destroy the LSU defense today.
Let's see how he plays against Saban bro. It's just the first game.

Let's see what Costello can do in the next few weeks before we crown him a high nfl pick. I think he has good size and arm strength and accuracy. In saying that..i dont mind Saints using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him or higher if he has good stats by end of year...

He's going have ridiculous stats, but he only completed 60% of his passes and had a couple of turnovers. But he did throw 60 passes!

I think he's NFL ready. He can make all the throws and he's got plenty of confidence and if there's a real downside, he needs to be a bit more consistent. But, first game as others have said. If he stays healthy, he'll be a day 1 draft pick.

I will say this, Leach is perhaps one of the most underappreciated coaches in college football. Now that he is in a region with great football talent no telling what he will achieve

And You going to tell me an NFL QB does not turn ball over? Start with Brees.
Looks like the Chargers got their replacement for Rivers in Justin Hebert Anyone saw that coming?

Also Arizona Cardinals run the air raid . So far it looks impressive. Chiefs run it too. These qb’s can work in NFL.
The Chargers, so far as we can tell and the situation could easily change, drafted probably the most NFL-ready college QB coming out of the draft since Andrew Luck in Indy in 2012 and I'd say Herbert isn't exactly on his level yet. Most top-rated, All-American college QBs don't usually succeed or show such quick signs of promise so soon. Tua may get a few reps by mid-season if he's lucky but Fitzgerald is a streaky QB who if he leads Miami to a 6-5, 7-4 record by Week 13, Flores has going to have a difficult choice replacing a good QB for a well-regarded but unproven rookie QB.

Jalen Hurts might end up being a better QB for Eagles in short-term than Tua will be for Dolphins if those possible scenarios pop up.

I don’t love his throwing mechanics. Looks a little awkward. He has pretty good accuracy but I’m not sure about his arm strength either. Even if he plays well and puts up stats that typically translated to a mid to late round QB.

Let’s see what he does when not playing a team of freshmen. LSU’s entire starting defense either left for the draft, opted out or is hurt/sick.

Pretty impressive for the First game with a team that has always been run first. Can’t wait to see how they do once they get more comfortable with the system and Leach gets a full team of his own players picked for the system. Leach has never had a shot at the kind of talent that will be available to him now.

I think it is too early to tell. I mean LSU was playing CB's that would not have seen the field until next year if at all had they had a complete roster.

He needs to be more accurate/consistent, but there is no doubt he has the ability to play on Sunday....we will see when he starts playing the better SEC defenses....

Agree it is a little early. Let us also remember it was not his first game either. So he does have experience as a college QB. Let’s see how this turns out.

Terron Armstead could throw for 300 in that offense. Terron Armstead could also throw for 300 yards in a different offense against that LSU secondary. Equates to an avg QB throwing for 600. Might want to hold off on handing the guy the Heisman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom