That much maligned Defense (1 Viewer)

I don't see people giving Dennis Allen credit for this the way they blame him for the secondary.

We're averaging 34 points per game without turning the ball over and barely winning games. It's a problem.
1/3 of our games so far have been blowouts. Games are usually close in the NFL. 5-1 isn't a problem, doesn't matter how you get there

We've only had 2 games where the opposing team scored more than 25. Both of those teams have ridiculous offenses.

People love to hate Dennis Allen he's a Payton guy and has steadied a bad defense in recent years ..he's getting talent help revive the defense and as of last year you saw a clear jump in performance alot of that was due to the talent added and the scheme of Allen.

Allen was a good hire and this defense for the past two years have been giving the talent needed to form an Identity.

Today was a playoff game. And in those type games, you cant have your defense play well for 58 minutes, then turn into the 3 stooges the last 2.

Almost happened against Carolina. It did happen against the Vikings. Almost happened again today.

Besides starting the year completely unprepared, that part of his defense is. a. problem.

Other than that yes, they have played better than most teams lately. Especially given who theyve had to play. Unlike that team out west.

Okay fair enough...I give credit to Dennis Allen for our run defense...so do you give him blame for the horrendous secondary? All due respect Football Lady, using your own admission you can't acknowledge one and not the other...

I already started a whole thread on this. But I don’t think people realize how impressive this win was.

By Vegas rankings, the Ravens are the 5th best team in the league (we are tied for 2nd with KC and NE). I’ve included the link below.

As of this weekend, the only other team that will be favored against us on our schedule is Minnesota in Minnesota.

This also doesn’t take into account what a tough matchup this team and scheme(s) have been for us historically.

I just love this win. It surprised me. Not because I don’t think we’re good. But because we won in ways I didn’t know if we could. That’s awesome.

https://pregame.com/pregame-forums/...ocus-wed-10-17-2018-updated-nfl-power-ratings

P.J. Williams is the biggest issue. Just like since we drafted him, the other team finds who PJ is covering and eats him up, down the field. PJ and Anzalone is our Achilles heel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom