That Osweiller "fumble" (1 Viewer)

That's not how unions work.

Also, they tried to go a season without the current refs. While hilarious, it forced the NFL to cave to the ref's demands.

I'm not saying the NFL couldn't have upped their offer to make it happen, but from the articles written at the time the refs made it sound like the full-time requirement was a non starter without an excessive pay raise.

I am sure the NFL can afford to pay them close to what they wanted. Considering the ginger clown is making 20 million a year.

The refs are not the problem. They are skilled at what they do. It's very hard to officiate a game this fast and complicated. Replacement refs would be a disaster, as they already have been before.

The problem is the rules and lack of accountability (i.e. how inconsistent the rules are enforced crew to crew).

The refs are not the problem. They are skilled at what they do. It's very hard to officiate a game this fast and complicated. Replacement refs would be a disaster, as they already have been before.

The problem is the rules and lack of accountability (i.e. how inconsistent the rules are enforced crew to crew).

I think both points you make are true and probably the latter moreso. I think when you have an inexperienced vice president of officiating (Blandino) telling refs what the rules are you shouldn't be surprised when nobody has a clue what to do on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom