That performance should remove Rodgers from the MVP talk for the rest of the season (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
You can't have a game like that and be considered for MVP.

This is DangeRuss' to lose.

My top 5:

1. Russell Wilson
2. Ryan Tannehill
3. Patrick Mahomes
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Derrick Henry

Last edited:
Because great quarterbacks never have bad games. :rolleyes:

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment, but remember how many MVP’s Brees has been robbed of because he had one terrible showing in a tight MVP race? It’s happened at least three times I can think of.

So, I am fine if this is the game that’s held over AR’s head the rest of the year.

I think that more important to be considering who is running for MVP, yesterday's lesson is about turnovers.

We beat Tampa because of Brady's turnovers.
We lost to Green Bay because of Taysum's fumble.
Yesterday's game changed with the first interception.

A similar thing may happen to Seattle during the rest of the season.

All of these teams are very close, talent and scheme wise, the difference will be a bad play or a bad call at the wrong time. Simple as that.

Take out Rodgers after one bad game? Wow

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment, but remember how many MVP’s Brees has been robbed of because he had one terrible showing in a tight MVP race? It’s happened at least three times I can think of.

So, I am fine if this is the game that’s held over AR’s head the rest of the year.

Happened in the Dallas game a few years ago.

Idc about MVP, I think it’s more alarming that the Packers, as good as they are, seem to make a habit of getting throttled when they play NFC SB contenders. SF twice last year and TB this year. Kind of makes us losing to them suck even more but hey.

Not writing GB off or anything, but it’s becoming a trend for them that when they face equal teams in big games they look horrible. For as iffy as we’ve looked here and there the past few seasons and mainly this season, we’ve never really been on the wrong end of a butt whooping in a while. GB has had three now in two years.

The 2009 season he was absolutely robbed of an MVP. The 2011 season you could've picked Rodgers or Brees and I was ok with either.

My top 5:

1. Russell Wilson
2. Ryan Tannehill
3. Patrick Mahomes
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Derrick Henry
Man you hating on my post then dismiss a guy from the MVP discussion over one game? 🤣🤣😭

My top 5:

1. Russell Wilson
2. Ryan Tannehill
3. Patrick Mahomes
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Derrick Henry
Disagree. One game doesn’t remove Rodgers from MVP. How about we wait until at least week 10 for MVP talk?

My top 5:

1. Russell Wilson
2. Ryan Tannehill
3. Patrick Mahomes
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Derrick Henry

Media will just blame his o-line, Wr's, RB's, Pack D, ST, Coaches, fans,...

Definitely not Aaron.

Being that MVP is a popularity contest, I'd think the top 2 candidates would be, in no particular order, Tannehill and Brady.

Disagree. One game doesn’t remove Rodgers from MVP. How about we wait until at least week 10 for MVP talk?
Ideally yes. But NFL.com along with others as well as Buck and Aikman were already touting Rodgers as the NFL MVP through 4 games.

After yesterday's game maybe they'll all shut up for now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom