That Taysom quote…. (1 Viewer)

No that's definitely not speculation. Wilson was unhappy with the organization earlier in the year and he admitted a lot of it was frustration with how the previous year played out. And it wasn't just the organization from a management perspective, he also addressed the team and players twice regarding the team's play. Rumors since then have said he has made up with the team and would like to stay in SEA, Pete was quoted as saying they are not trading Wilson, yada yada yada. What it's going to boil down to is if he truly wants out and a wants a change of scenery
Okay that clarifies it for me . Thanks & I want him over Rodgers personally .

Yeah, that would be great to have a consistent top 10 TE or elite #2 WR, but we didn’t have that unfortunately. So, that’s where TH7 can into play. But I’m sure you were pretty P'Oed every time TH7 converted a third down/4th down, caught a TD at TE, blocked a punt, etc!!!! Where you screaming at the TV “DANG NABBIT”!!! “Why give it to the gadget player”???? “We should’ve thrown it to the inconsistent TE or UDFA #2 WR”!!! “I hate that the gadget player kept the drive alive and scored the TD”!!! Is that how it went down??? Nah, I’m sure you were fine with it, as long as he was getting paid pennies.
I can't knock Taysom for what he has brought to the table but he's clearly been a position handyman and not a certified plumber or electrician. It's cool we value his service to the team but that should not obscure the fact that we need more playmakers on offense. In this season of injuries, he was being overused and now we can't even get a spark because he's banged up.

When I heard that quote, it made me question why we extended him at all. We are paying a guy $10M who averages like 30 yards a game, and he’s not even 100% invested in his position.

“But he’s also the backup QB too, look how valuable he is!” they cry, but if he’s that, then we now have the worlds most expensive clipboard holder because he can’t be both due to injury concerns.

The structure on that contract better be incredible.
That’s what I thought too… it’s a contract basically built around the ‘quote unquote’ gray areas…

It’s just such an odd and aggressive contract extension… I’m confused by it completely

This team has many things to address on the roster going forward… I’m stunned this was one of the most important to the Saints…

Yeah, that would be great to have a consistent top 10 TE or elite #2 WR, but we didn’t have that unfortunately. So, that’s where TH7 can into play. But I’m sure you were pretty P'Oed every time TH7 converted a third down/4th down, caught a TD at TE, blocked a punt, etc!!!! Where you screaming at the TV “DANG NABBIT”!!! “Why give it to the gadget player”???? “We should’ve thrown it to the inconsistent TE or UDFA #2 WR”!!! “I hate that the gadget player kept the drive alive and scored the TD”!!! Is that how it went down??? Nah, I’m sure you were fine with it, as long as he was getting paid pennies.
its nice to have this romantic version of what TH brings to the table but he hasn't blocked a kick in 3+(edit: 2) years, thrown a TD in 17 games and while pile driving through the Giants D was entertaining, its not something I really want my quarterback to do...and lets not act like we weren't going to score any of the cherry picked TDs he scored this year without him. He's not this unstoppable thing, we leaned on him earlier this year to pick up a 3rd (or 4th) and 2 and he got stuffed because he was predictable.
You really do undermine what Taysom is to this offense..
And I really think you guys over value what he brings to the table...look at it this way, 31 teams in the NFL don't have Taysom Hill, and they all seem to score redzone TDs and get along just fine without him. TBH, I hate what our offense becomes when he's lined up behind center because I know it's one of 2 things coming...QB power right, or single read QB rollout right...our placalling gets extremely lazy and predictable when he's in the game. Me...I'm looking for the pre 2013/4 Saints offense when I'm looking for a QB...not some bargain bin single read RPO, but not RPO offense. That's why the thought of a fixed JW got me excited...the whole field was open again, its just that the rest of the O was not up to task due to injuries, playcalling, etc. You're not going to get that with Hill, Siemian, or Book.

Last edited:
That’s what I thought too… it’s a contract basically built around the ‘quote unquote’ gray areas…

It’s just such an odd and aggressive contract extension… I’m confused by it completely

This team has many things to address on the roster going forward… I’m stunned this was one of the most important to the Saints…
He's not that impactful of a player to warrant such a contract especially when it's not to play his natural position.

Taysom has to start at QB going forward or get a workload of gadget touches in the 10-16 range every game to justify the extension.

It’s for seasons after 2021, but it honestly makes no sense to commit to 4 years in that price range for a player that’s barely used this year with injuries, and barely used at all.

He’s an explosive playmaker but what good is it if he’s never featured in the offense that much besides short yardage. It’d be easier to use him as a full time QB than HB and TE to not expose the foot that much in traffic. But Payton hasn’t disclosed what kind of foot injury he has so it’s hard to tell what he could even do right now and when will he be able to

its nice to have this romantic version of what TH brings to the table but he hasn't blocked a kick in 3+(edit: 2) years, thrown a TD in 17 games and while pile driving through the Giants D was entertaining, its not something I really want my quarterback to do...and lets not act like we weren't going to score any of the cherry picked TDs he scored this year without him. He's not this unstoppable thing, we leaned on him earlier this year to pick up a 3rd (or 4th) and 2 and he got stuffed because he was predictable.

And I really think you guys over value what he brings to the table...look at it this way, 31 teams in the NFL don't have Taysom Hill, and they all seem to score redzone TDs and get along just fine without him. TBH, I hate what our offense becomes when he's lined up behind center because I know it's one of 2 things coming...QB power right, or single read QB rollout right...our placalling gets extremely lazy and predictable when he's in the game. Me...I'm looking for the pre 2013/4 Saints offense when I'm looking for a QB...not some bargain bin single read RPO, but not RPO offense. That's why the thought of a fixed JW got me excited...the whole field was open again, its just that the rest of the O was not up to task due to injuries, playcalling, etc. You're not going to get that with Hill, Siemian, or Book.
We are referencing what he does as a Swiss Army Knife. Can’t help you if you don’t see value in his abilities as that, not as a QB. Surely you didn’t comprehend. And I quote members of the Vikings defense, when TH7 dang near willed us to victory in a playoff game…. “We can handle Drew, but we wanted no part of that dude” (talking about TH7)😆😆😆. And this same very forum was asking why didn’t we leave TH7 in the game??? Whoa….that was the one time that anyone has ever asked for Drew to be removed from any game. Let that sink in. You don’t have to like the guy, but there is a reason that those very same 31 teams that you mentioned are looking for their very own version of Taysom Hill. That’s respect

We are referencing what he does as a Swiss Army Knife. Can’t help you if you don’t see value in his abilities as that, not as a QB. Surely you didn’t comprehend. And I quote members of the Vikings defense, when TH7 dang near willed us to victory in a playoff game…. “We can handle Drew, but we wanted no part of that dude” (talking about TH7)😆😆😆. And this same very forum was asking why didn’t we leave TH7 in the game??? Whoa….that was the one time that anyone has ever asked for Drew to be removed from any game. Let that sink in. You don’t have to like the guy, but there is a reason that those very same 31 teams that you mentioned are looking for their very own version of Taysom Hill. That’s respect
Ive said this before about Swiss Army Knives and not sure if you guys got it. A Swiss army knife is good, if you're in a pinch...but any other time I'd rather an actual screwdriver, pair of scissors, and corkscrew. If you can look at the team we fielded week 1 of the season and say with a straight face that we were better off with Taysom Hill instead of Emmanuel Sanders then I really don't know what to tell you.

Ive said this before about Swiss Army Knives and not sure if you guys got it. A Swiss army knife is good, if you're in a pinch...but any other time I'd rather an actual screwdriver, pair of scissors, and corkscrew. If you can look at the team we fielded week 1 of the season and say with a straight face that we were better off with Taysom Hill instead of Emmanuel Sanders then I really don't know what to tell you.
Ummmmm….I’ve been the MOST vocal about getting WR skill players for years. I’m not the coach, I’m not the GM, I don’t get paid to as draft personnel. I am a fan that voices what I see on a day to day basis. What I do know is that there has been a guy that has scored 25 total TDs in 4 years, 13 of those TDs while hardly plying any snaps. A guy that has no set position. A guy that has learned multiple positions on the fly. A guy that has produced more than our entire WR unit as a whole (excluding MT). I’ll take that all day long. I don’t care how he scores, as long as he gets the ball in the endzone. You know, the endzone that we couldn’t find last night. I would take TH7 over our entire WR unit as a whole. At least he plays with fire, intensity, passion, and wants to destroy the opposing team. Give me a player like that any day of the week. Him and MT wants to impose their will on fools. I love players like that and apparently so does SP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom