That Taysom quote…. (1 Viewer)

What I do know is that there has been a guy that has scored 25 total TDs in 4 years, 13 of those TDs while hardly plying any snaps.
Once again...cherry picked TDs, Base offense does the gritty work of getting to the red zone, TH takes the glory, it is what it is.
A guy that has no set position. A guy that has learned multiple positions on the fly. A guy that has produced more than our entire WR unit as a whole (excluding MT). I’ll take that all day long. I don’t care how he scores, as long as he gets the ball in the endzone. You know, the endzone that we couldn’t find last night.
Produced more than our entire WR group?!?!?! He's caught like what 2 passes this season
I would take TH7 over our entire WR unit as a whole.
He's a terrible receiver
At least he plays with fire, intensity, passion, and wants to destroy the opposing team. Give me a player like that any day of the week. Him and MT wants to impose their will on fools. I love players like that and apparently so does SP.
Sounds like Mike Ditka..."I want a guy I can trust in a foxhole" how did that end up? That kinda mindset gets you drafting guys like Chris Naeole in the top 10

You're posting with a lot of emotional points and very little based in reality...this is the reality:
  • 28.5 rushing yards per game (Peak TH 2020),
  • 13.5 rec yards per game (Peak TH 2019)
  • 13 TDs I'll concede that, probably would've gotten those TDs by other means but whatever

But yeah, lets give this guy 38 point something mil over the past 2 and next 2 years. Wonder why we don't have any cap space for actual impact players.

Last edited:
Ive said this before about Swiss Army Knives and not sure if you guys got it. A Swiss army knife is good, if you're in a pinch...but any other time I'd rather an actual screwdriver, pair of scissors, and corkscrew. If you can look at the team we fielded week 1 of the season and say with a straight face that we were better off with Taysom Hill instead of Emmanuel Sanders then I really don't know what to tell you.
It's a solid point when you look at the deal Sanders took with the Bills.

Once again...cherry picked TDs, Base offense does the gritty work of getting to the red zone, TH takes the glory, it is what it is.

Produced more than our entire WR group?!?!?! He's caught like what 2 passes this season

He's a terrible receiver

Sounds like Mike Ditka..."I want a guy I can trust in a foxhole" how did that end up? That kinda mindset gets you drafting guys like Chris Naeole in the top 10

You're posting with a lot of emotional points and very little based in reality...this is the reality:
  • 28.5 rushing yards per game (Peak TH 2020),
  • 13.5 rec yards per game (Peak TH 2019)
  • 13 TDs I'll concede that, probably would've gotten those TDs by other means but whatever

But yeah, lets give this guy 38 point something mil over the past 3, 4 years. Wonder why we don't have any cap space for actual impact players.
And you cherry picked one season with the two catches part. Go ahead and name another receiver that has produced more TDs than this “terrible” WR, excluding MT??? Who has scored the second most TDs for us, since 2018? Doesn’t matter if it’s 1,5,10,15, 20 yards out. Heck, we all want good/great players at the skill positions. Nobody wants that more than me. What I go by, is what the coach gives us. He doesn’t give me (a fan) better WRs, then I base my reality on what he is putting on the field. You are not the one basing anything on reality by saying “I’ll concede the 13TDs, probably would’ve gotten those by other means”. Reality check, you don’t know that for sure, but you are convinced someone else would’ve scored them. You live in a hypothetical reality in your own head. What IS factual is that TH7 DID score those TDs. That’s reality

And you cherry picked one season with the two catches part. Go ahead and name another receiver that has produced more TDs than this “terrible” WR, excluding MT??? Who has scored the second most TDs for us, since 2018? Doesn’t matter if it’s 1,5,10,15, 20 yards out. Heck, we all want good/great players at the skill positions. Nobody wants that more than me. What I go by, is what the coach gives us. He doesn’t give me (a fan) better WRs, then I base my reality on what he is putting on the field. You are not the one basing anything on reality by saying “I’ll concede the 13TDs, probably would’ve gotten those by other means”. Reality check, you don’t know that for sure, but you are convinced someone else would’ve scored them. You live in a hypothetical reality in your own head. What IS factual is that TH7 DID score those TDs. That’s reality
I didn't cherry pick the season w/ 2 catches...that is literally THIS SEASON.

Based in or on what?
He is based on the ground.

Does anyone have the actual quote, or are people once again blowing what he is said out of proportion.

Earlier this year people kept bringing up a quote where he said that he wanted to be the starting quarterback, or wanted to be paid like the starting quarterback, but the problem was they were trying to pass a quote of his from his season going into free agency as something he said in preseason.

What was the actual quote? Also, what’s in the box?

If you had to decide whose hands you’d want the ball be in to make a big play, or who you’d want to score a redzone/goal line TD, with legit playcalling, between Taysom and any Saints offensive player not named Kamara, it probably would always be Taysom selected.

Throwing to a healthy fully-healed Michael Thomas is the safest bet one on one or beating coverage. Other times he could be blanketed. In certain situations, it’s debatable that the ball should be in Taysom’s hands just as a playmaker running through/past defenders. It’s a high percentage chance TH gets a first down or TD in most of his touches. To the Saints, whatever that percentage is is worth 10 mill a season.

With that said, Taysom needs to be on the field leading the Saints to a win when he’s active. He’s clearly the best player on offense while Kamara, Winston, and Thomas are hurt. And easily sustains drives right now if the current 3-and-out produced offense goes through him. He shouldn’t be dressed if he’s too hurt to get any snaps at QB or HB/TE.

And you cherry picked one season with the two catches part. Go ahead and name another receiver that has produced more TDs than this “terrible” WR, excluding MT??? Who has scored the second most TDs for us, since 2018? Doesn’t matter if it’s 1,5,10,15, 20 yards out. Heck, we all want good/great players at the skill positions. Nobody wants that more than me. What I go by, is what the coach gives us. He doesn’t give me (a fan) better WRs, then I base my reality on what he is putting on the field. You are not the one basing anything on reality by saying “I’ll concede the 13TDs, probably would’ve gotten those by other means”. Reality check, you don’t know that for sure, but you are convinced someone else would’ve scored them. You live in a hypothetical reality in your own head. What IS factual is that TH7 DID score those TDs. That’s reality.
I didn't cherry pick the season w/ 2 catches...that is literally THIS SEASON.
If the conversation is about the contract, his abilities as whatever position, what his role is going forward, etc and you choose to pick THIS (not what he has brought to the table in previous years) injury plagued year, than that IS THE DEFINITION of cherry picking. Thanks for the troll fest. It was fun. I love a good banter

If the conversation is about the contract, his abilities as whatever position, what his role is going forward, etc and you choose to pick THIS (not what he has brought to the table in previous years) injury plagued year, than that IS THE DEFINITION of cherry picking. Thanks for the troll fest. It was fun. I love a good banter
You said, you'd rather have Taysom Hill than any of our WRs...did you not?

I showed you that he only caught 2 passes this year, is that not factual? Why would you want a guy that really isn't a pass catcher who hasn't caught anything over the guys that actually have catches? Explain that please? Let me know where I'm wrong....I'd seriously like to know.

Also, you still haven't answered the question I posed earlier...Week 1 of this season would you have rather had Taysom Hill over Emmanuel Sanders, knowing everything we know today?

If you had to decide whose hands you’d want the ball be in to make a big play, or who you’d want to score a redzone/goal line TD, with legit playcalling, between Taysom and any Saints offensive player not named Kamara, it probably would always be Taysom selected.

Throwing to a healthy fully-healed Michael Thomas is the safest bet one on one or beating coverage. Other times he could be blanketed. In certain situations, it’s debatable that the ball should be in Taysom’s hands just as a playmaker running through/past defenders. It’s a high percentage chance TH gets a first down or TD in most of his touches. To the Saints, whatever that percentage is is worth 10 mill a season.

With that said, Taysom needs to be on the field leading the Saints to a win when he’s active. He’s clearly the best player on offense while Kamara, Winston, and Thomas are hurt. And easily sustains drives right now if the current 3-and-out produced offense goes through him. He shouldn’t be dressed if he’s too hurt to get any snaps at QB or HB/TE.
He's clearly hurt and it must be something where he can dress but shouldn't play. You know how Sean is with injuries and if it's his foot that negates his main attribute as a QB or joker. I think what is abundantly clear is that Payton does not want Book out there at this point.

You said, you'd rather have Taysom Hill than any of our WRs...did you not?

I showed you that he only caught 2 passes this year, is that not factual? Why would you want a guy that really isn't a pass catcher who hasn't caught anything over the guys that actually have catches? Explain that please? Let me know where I'm wrong....I'd seriously like to know.

Also, you still haven't answered the question I posed earlier...Week 1 of this season would you have rather had Taysom Hill over Emmanuel Sanders, knowing everything we know today?
Yes, would most definitely prefer a healthy TH7 over Callaway, TQS, LJ, Stills, White combined. I am a fan of Harris. Cant use the Sanders bc he’s not part of this team. You are still using hypotheticals. Ive said in a million threads now, we have had the need more skill positions for years now. Never happened. We are in the now. This TH contract happened this week, not in the off-season when Sanders went to Buffalo. You can argue til the cows come home and it won’t bring Sanders back. Have an issue with that, then take it up with SP. Ive already vented more than I should about how SP neglected our offensive roster

lol taysom went from really close to floundering around on the packers practice squad and being out of the league in a year or 2 to hitting the absolute lottery and landing a gig here and getting 40M guaranteed. pretty insane

lol taysom went from really close to floundering around on the packers practice squad and being out of the league in a year or 2 to hitting the absolute lottery and landing a gig here and getting 40M guaranteed. pretty insane
Absolutely ridiculous....and we drove the market up on ourselves, that's the craziest part about all of this. We took this thing that had no demand, and placed an inflated artificial value on it and now we're stuck with trying to pretend it's something it isn't to justify the cost.

Taysom does have pretty sure hands as a catcher.

Career

Taysom
72.3% catch rate
11.4 yards per catch
0.15 TDs per target

Thomas
77.0% catch rate
11.7 yards per catch
0.05 TDs per target

Sanders
62.0% catch rate
13.4 yards per catch
0.05 TDs per target

Smith
67.1% catch rate
13.5 yards per catch
0.11 TDs per target

Callaway
61.5% catch rate
12.7 yards per catch
0.08 TDs per target

Taysom does have pretty sure hands as a catcher.

Career

Taysom
72.3% catch rate
11.4 yards per catch
0.15 TDs per target

Thomas
77.0% catch rate
11.7 yards per catch
0.05 TDs per target

Sanders
62.0% catch rate
13.4 yards per catch
0.05 TDs per target

Smith
67.1% catch rate
13.5 yards per catch
0.11 TDs per target

Callaway
61.5% catch rate
12.7 yards per catch
0.08 TDs per target
This is not meant as a slight against Taysom, but to be fair to receivers like Thomas and Sanders, they are running much different routes than Taysom, while also being covered much differently (defended by different player types & schemes).

Those other receivers are also targeted way (way) more, which affects their catch %, yards/td per target, etc. For example, Callaway has only played 22 NFL games but has almost twice as many targets as Taysom does for his career.

This is not meant as a slight against Taysom, but to be fair to receivers like Thomas and Sanders, they are running much different routes than Taysom, while also being covered much differently (defended by different player types & schemes).

Those other receivers are also targeted way (way) more, which affects their catch %, yards/td per target, etc. For example, Callaway has only played 22 NFL games but has almost twice as many targets as Taysom does for his career.
Exactly, you cannot compare career stats for guys getting targeted 80 plus times a season to a guy getting 20 targets per season. These Stans get their feelings so hurt if you do not show Taysom all the love, all the time.

Obviously, their god is a jealous god.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom