That Taysom quote…. (1 Viewer)

This is not meant as a slight against Taysom, but to be fair to receivers like Thomas and Sanders, they are running much different routes than Taysom, while also being covered much differently (defended by different player types & schemes).

Those other receivers are also targeted way (way) more, which affects their catch %, yards/td per target, etc. For example, Callaway has only played 22 NFL games but has almost twice as many targets as Taysom does for his career.
My real takeaway from those stats is the TD production per-catch. Tells me that defenses would be wise to increase the red zone attention they give to Taysom when he lines up at WR, in the slot, or TE.

He also seems pretty good at catching balls that come his way. Makes me wonder a bit why he isn't used more in a receiving capacity with increasingly sophisticated routes.

I'll just say that with both contract extensions, we're bidding against ourselves. No team was ever gonna give up a first round pick for Taysom.
Both Extensions were done to minimize the damage from that first fool-hearted decision to place a 1st rd tender on him. I kinda get why it was done, to see if someone would bite, but no one didn't and now we had to stretch that crap out over 4 years to minimize the cap impact. Its good for him, I guess he gets to take home 30 something million without having to actually produce...that's about as much a compliment I can lend.

It hasn't escaped notice that you have been measured in your commentary as of late. It hasn't always been that case and it's a good look on you.

Unfortunately, some others still seem very invested in diminishing Taysom at either QB or Joker. Not sure why. Obviously, the team does not agree with them.
You're an entertaining poster and yes I'm a Jameis defender. However, he's gone for the year so "it is what it is". On another note, it seems like you've replaced infoman as Taysom's #1 supporter. People don't hate Taysom but some posters feel like the myth of Taysom is bigger than the reality. I'm not a fan of kicking people while they're down, so I do not wish to attack Taysom.

Last edited:
He didn't test the market...he came back because he wanted to be here.
I wanted to be a banker when I realized I wasn’t good enough at football to make it past Pop Warner.

Some folks want to marry their current spouses when they realize Jessica Alba or Matthew McCanaghey won’t marry them.

Of course Jameis wanted to be here.

The same people who got us in position for us to score on a QB power right from the 4 yd line. It isn't like he's working us down the field to setup those TDs...he's cherry picking.
Impressive how you’re trying to trivialize scoring touchdowns and acting like yards are more important.

Or that Hill is somehow calling his own number like this is basketball.

Oh wait. Not impressive. The other thing. Ridiculous.

Yeah, that would be great to have a consistent top 10 TE or elite #2 WR, but we didn’t have that unfortunately. So, that’s where TH7 can into play. But I’m sure you were pretty P'Oed every time TH7 converted a third down/4th down, caught a TD at TE, blocked a punt, etc!!!! Where you screaming at the TV “DANG NABBIT”!!! “Why give it to the gadget player”???? “We should’ve thrown it to the inconsistent TE or UDFA #2 WR”!!! “I hate that the gadget player kept the drive alive and scored the TD”!!! Is that how it went down??? Nah, I’m sure you were fine with it, as long as he was getting paid pennies.

I like Taysom but not at that inflated price. If he could save us roster spots by being the jack of all trades then that'd be great and he could almost justify that price tag. But he doesn't do any of it all that well so we still need to carry backups at QB/RB/TE. Not to mention his role as a receiver has been declining the last 2 years.

We were in cap hell last off-season and had to cut our #2WR that has already put up 500 yards this year, our #2CB which would have saved us a 3rd round pick used on Roby. We aren't doing ourselves any favors in the future by signing a guy like Hill to such a big contract relative to his usage. Plain and simple he's a luxury and this season has exposed our weaknesses across the offense. If we didn't have them sure, give Hill that deal but we do and those weaknesses won't be cheap to fix.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom