That was a special win and says a lot about this team (1 Viewer)

39 rushes, 30 passes in a game we were behind for a lot of it.

Great game by the Saints.

Looking at the Box Score, the Saints had 7 more minutes of time of possession (33:31 to 26:29) over the Ravens. We ran the ball 39 times for 134 yards. We beat the Ravens at their house using their own style of game! That's outstanding.

BTW the Saints run D only gave up 3.3 ypc to the Ravens.

Last edited:
We come away relatively health. Outside of Josh Leribeus getting dinged(Ginn & PRob to IR hurts) I think that we are about a healthy as we've ever been at this point in the season. Health will be key down the stretch.

Good win for sure. That said, this team desperately needs to get Peterson or someone else. Can't continue to trot Williams & Crawley out there.

Last edited:
Special for sure. This was a brutal physical test on the road. We definitely have as good as we got and at times I marveled just how physical we were, both offense and defense. A “W” in a smash mouth game is big for our confidence.

I know our secondary is getting called out because of the last drive and the Crawley big plays bit I thought “organizationally” they played better. Stil a work in progress but getting better.

Props to SP for committing to the run.

I'm sorry.. I just don't think it was a "special" win. It was a great win against a great defensive opponent. Not special. This team still has that in their arsenal.

This was just a better team finishing the game. We started scared (IMHO) and I feel we played that way for a couple quarters. Then we woke up and began playing Saints football. This is a tough team. A fierce team. But we didn't come out that way this week. This team can go far but it needs to believe in itself and each other

We started with a 20 play 10:00 drive that we went for it on 4th down 4 times. I don't think we were scared...

I'm sorry.. I just don't think it was a "special" win. It was a great win against a great defensive opponent. Not special. This team still has that in their arsenal.

This was just a better team finishing the game. We started scared (IMHO) and I feel we played that way for a couple quarters. Then we woke up and began playing Saints football. This is a tough team. A fierce team. But we didn't come out that way this week. This team can go far but it needs to believe in itself and each other

As a huge negative Nancy myself I can't disagree more with this. This was a special win dude you can not deny this. This is up there with the Monday night game. Drew and Sean have never beaten the Ravens, the Ravens are having a good year and the #1 defense at THEIR HOUSE. This was the one game on the schedule I had the Saints with a definite loss before this season and at the beginning of this game because Ravens are just our Kryptonite. Granted I didn't watch the game because I couldn't but a win is a win and this is a special win. This is a huge win Brees gets another record and also joins the 500 TD club and now we keep pace with the rest of the division who won today too. So again yes this is a special win end of story.

I agree. That was a disciplined, tough fought win against a very good team. In other years we lose that game with Brees throwing 52 times. The defense took away enough to keep us in the game and keep the offense patient. Fantastic win.

As a huge negative Nancy myself I can't disagree more with this. This was a special win dude you can not deny this. This is up there with the Monday night game. Drew and Sean have never beaten the Ravens, the Ravens are having a good year and the #1 defense at THEIR HOUSE. This was the one game on the schedule I had the Saints with a definite loss before this season and at the beginning of this game because Ravens are just our Kryptonite. Granted I didn't watch the game because I couldn't but a win is a win and this is a special win. This is a huge win Brees gets another record and also joins the 500 TD club and now we keep pace with the rest of the division who won today too. So again yes this is a special win end of story.
Was it an important win? Absolutely. I just don't think it was special. I guess I feel this team was capable of performing better early on

.... We started scared (IMHO) and I feel we played that way for a couple quarters. Then we woke up and began playing Saints football. This is a tough team. A fierce team. But we didn't come out that way this week. This team can go far but it needs to believe in itself and each other

Wait wait wait. Going for it on FOUR fourth downs on a single drive, including one fake punt, is "playing scared"?! What the hell would be"aggressive" in your book?

All I know is, they are going to have to charter a cargo plane to get Payton's balls back to New Orleans.

There is no way they can fit in an ordinary aircraft.
Honestly, I love it and can live with his aggressive calls. However, I feel his challenges need help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom