...that went well. (1 Viewer)

The next dish I'm creating for the first time will be egg drop soup for lunch tomorrow and maybe on Tuesday I will do fried rice.

The next dish I'm creating for the first time will be egg drop soup for lunch tomorrow and maybe on Tuesday I will do fried rice.

Love me some egg drop soup. About to try my hand at eithet tom yum soup or tom kha soup

I have had tom yum thai soup and LOVE it and tom kha is basically the same with coconut milk added

I have had tom yum thai soup and LOVE it and tom kha is basically the same with coconut milk added

Tom Kha is difficult to make well, in my experience. Galangal is key, and I think it's better to use salt than fish sauce, although some recipes call for it.

Tom Kha is difficult to make well, in my experience. Galangal is key, and I think it's better to use salt than fish sauce, although some recipes call for it.
Thanks for the heads up

So the egg drop soup earlier today came out pretty, pretty, pretty good. I know it can be better because I didn't have 3 ingredients one of which the recipe says is crucial in sesame oil, green onions and ginger. But it was still awesome and so easy and quick to make.

@buzd any suggestions on egg drop soup? You seem knowledgeable about these things.

Was just looking at the recipe as it's not one I usually make. I do make a similar greek version (more lemon, less ginger), as I usually have chicken stock around and I like the brothy soups. Seems the sesame oil and ginger are pretty critical and would greatly improve your efforts. I'm glad you were happy with the result, though.

Was just looking at the recipe as it's not one I usually make. I do make a similar greek version (more lemon, less ginger), as I usually have chicken stock around and I like the brothy soups. Seems the sesame oil and ginger are pretty critical and would greatly improve your efforts. I'm glad you were happy with the result, though.

This is the recipe https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/egg-drop-soup/ And if the oil and ginger are that critical then this soup is incredible because it was pretty awesome without it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom