That's my defense. (1 Viewer)

Chicago only got 239 yards on offense and that's counting 99 yards on that final garbage time drive!

Amazing!

The 3 previous possessions for Chicago were 26 yards to start the 3rd qtr, then 3 plays for 5 yds, then 3 plays for 1 yd.

They had 19 carries for 48 yds averaging 2.5 ypc.

The idea of blowing a team out in the playoffs is totally unrealistic. These are the best of the best and granted, the bears were 8-8. Yet at half time last week the score was 21-16 against Green Bay. This game went exactly as Payton planned it. Would it have been nice to dominate the first half? Yes, of course. But we wore them out and set them up to dominate the second half.

Also, we won by 12 points and the game wasn’t close in the second half. If not for that last drive where we played prevent defense, we held them to under 200 yards and 3 points (which came off a hill turnover). Our defense makes us super bowl contenders. Next week we get an immobile quarterback our defense can pin its ears back against. I’m excited about today’s performance.

I don’t think he’s the key to the season but he is very, very important and I hope he’s back next week.
Never thought I’d agree with this, but I do. He’s turned into a phenomenal pass rusher.
Is he a better pass rusher than Davenport? Not bagging on Marcus but I think Trey is the better edge rusher. Wild.

The idea of blowing a team out in the playoffs is totally unrealistic. These are the best of the best and granted, the bears were 8-8. Yet at half time last week the score was 21-16 against Green Bay. This game went exactly as Payton planned it. Would it have been nice to dominate the first half? Yes, of course. But we wore them out and set them up to dominate the second half.

Also, we won by 12 points and the game wasn’t close in the second half. If not for that last drive where we played prevent defense, we held them to under 200 yards and 3 points (which came off a hill turnover). Our defense makes us super bowl contenders. Next week we get an immobile quarterback our defense can pin its ears back against. I’m excited about today’s performance.

Esp if Trey and Dav feast!!!!

And throw in blitzes by Ceedy for good measure!!!!

It took a missed sure-TD-turned-into-a-fumble... And a whole lot of miraculous catches in tight coverage to make this game even semi-close till the end.

For some reason I keep reading this as "that's my duh-FENCE"...as in a courtroom or something

The Saints definitely need Hendrickson. The pass rush was non existent today.

I was excited to see what Davenport could do what with Hendrickson out. Got to say it was disappointing. Two tackles, no qb hits and not much pressure that I can remember. He's been limited but Davenport has 1.5 sacks on the season. Not sure when/if the light is going to come on for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom