That's my girl! (1 Viewer)

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
On Father's Day I took my 7 year old daughter fishing. Nothing serious, just some pond fishing with poles to keep her interested. We caught a bucket full of bream (bluegill) and she managed a few all by herself. When it was time to go, I started to release the fish, thinking that would make any 7 year old girl happy (we have pet fish at home). But she stopped me and insisted "NO DADDY! I really want you to eat them. PLEASE?"

:worthy:

I am a proud Poppa.

Nothing tastier than a mess of fried up bream. :9;

I bring my daughter fishing in the city park lagoons all the time and encourage anyone who has kids to do this. You can easily catch >20 of those amazon cyclids with pretty much any bait ( we have used bread, dog food, and night crawlers ).

It is fun for the kids and eliminates some of the cyclids that are out competing the native bass and perch.

Good job Ellis.I love stories like that..There just aint nothing in the world like seeing the excitement in a kids eye when they catch a fish..I am co-founder of The Mt. Juliet kids catfifish club up here in TN..A buddy of mine is a school teacher and his students join as members.My buddy(Mr. T is what we call him) has a 1 acre catfish pond on his property..These are middle school kids.I usually teach them how to fish catfish, how to rig, techniques, baits, how to handle catfish and conservation..We get a new batch of kids every year..We hold tournaments at the pond and we give away some great prizes..We also make 2 charter trips a year.We always go to Santee Cooper South Carolina every year.Here's a few pics of the club kids..
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And a few weeks ago my little one, Bella came fishing with me for the first time.She is 8 and landed her first fish ever..We were only able to fish for about an hour, she just got really spooked.It was dark, and we were pretty much in the woods down by the creek..We started hearing coyotes and she just freaked out..But she caught her fish and it was a good one..20lb flathead..
582474_2802083550608_257950308_n.jpg

That's a heckuva first fish. Now she's going to be spoiled!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom