That's two years in a row we have a nfc south team in the superbowl (1 Viewer)

NFC South and NFC West have represented the most Superbowl appearances from the NFC since the realignment and I actually think our division edges theirs out in total wins since then.

The problem is Quinn. That defense held GB to ZERO points for most of the game. That's what wins, year after year. If Quinn is building a Seattle type defense (Seattle, when he was the DC), then we are in a world of trouble, because a team like that can rule for 5 years, easily, and will win more than 1 SB...even in the period of FA.

Stepping up our game is merely getting real smart people in here for defense. Ryan had all game to do whatever he wanted...bc he had a force helping him on the other side of the ball. God help us, knowing this, we kept Payton...

:idunno:

Are you serious? How is the 27th ranked scoring defense in the NFL Seattle like in any way, just because they held an injured Green Bay team to 21 in their own house?

And we should fire Payton because the Falcona finished a whopping 4 spots ahead of us in scoring defense? Quit being a bitter heart.

Are you serious? How is the 27th ranked scoring defense in the NFL Seattle like in any way, just because they held an injured Green Bay team to 21 in their own house?

And we should fire Payton because the Falcona finished a whopping 4 spots ahead of us in scoring defense? Quit being a bitter heart.

Atlanta's defense since about game 10 has turned it around. Coupled with this offense, it's clearly playing complementary football that just may help them win it all.

The Seattle Defense that we all grew to know and love was in full force again yesterday. That defense is undeniable and recognizable, just it was performing in Falcons uniforms.

Maybe it's just irony that Quinn just happened to be a bystander in Seattle and Atlanta each time we witnessed that kind of play.

No bitterness. Payton showed some time back that he is clueless, where defense is concerned. Now, that's not the total problem...and not why I want him replaced. It was when he started the arguing nonsense with Ryan, like he did with Gregg Williams that solidified my take on him. You see, not only is he inept, defensively, he is petulant and does not have the ability to work with a strong DC, who could come in here and take over one side of the ball.

He is insecure and does not have the ability to put his ego aside so that we can get a great Defensive Coach in here, work WITH him and be successful. So, he had to go and grab one of his own understudies to come do the job...bc he cannot work with the real strong men of the league. So, yes, we have had chances to get some of the guys we see having success, but we keep rolling the same dice, that we know are defective.

After next year 7-9 season he will be ready to replace Dennis Allen, and the wheels keep turning with one constant remaining.

No bitterness. Payton showed some time back that he is clueless, where defense is concerned. Now, that's not the total problem...and not why I want him replaced. It was when he started the arguing nonsense with Ryan, like he did with Gregg Williams that solidified my take on him. You see, not only is he inept, defensively, he is petulant and does not have the ability to work with a strong DC, who could come in here and take over one side of the ball.

He is insecure and does not have the ability to put his ego aside so that we can get a great Defensive Coach in here, work WITH him and be successful. So, he had to go and grab one of his own understudies to come do the job...bc he cannot work with the real strong men of the league. So, yes, we have had chances to get some of the guys we see having success, but we keep rolling the same dice, that we know are defective.

After next year 7-9 season he will be ready to replace Dennis Allen, and the wheels keep turning with one constant remaining.

You don't think the fact that he got crucified on GGG's cross has anything to do with his struggles to deal with strong DCs?

So have you switched your focus to Payton now, or do you still want to get rid of Brees too?

So have you switched your focus to Payton now, or do you still want to get rid of Brees too?

Did I change or did Brees change his play? But, really, he just lowered one eyebrow. The other is still highly raised, and his 3 interception games that he started stringing together did him no favors...helped us none at all either. It's why he is constantly in question for being elite, and brought into the Pro Bowl on drop-outs etc. But yeah, to answer your deflecting question, he changed his play starting the last 4 games of '15...and has not been the Brees of most of 15, 14 and 13 (somewhat).

That said, I can see where Brees would be highly successful here, with Pete and a heck-of-a Defense. Anyway, against my better wishes, I'm willing to wait and see who's hired, how they meld with SP and DA, and give it a shot for next year. I still feel like we are looking at 7-9, but I'm damned opened to them proving me wrong.

...I still feel like we are looking at 7-9, but I'm damned opened to them proving me wrong.

Every post of yours that I've read indicates to me that this is a disingenuous statement. You come across to me as heavily invested in being smarter than everyone else. I get the sense that you have taken smug delight in the Saints struggles the last few years and look forward to having another "told you so" moment at the end of the 2017 season.

I don't doubt that you would like to see them be successful this year, but I think you would actually be more satisfied if they struggle again. I could be wrong, but it's how you come across to me.

That's the problem. Neither AFC team has a great defense. Good, not great. Atlanta's offense has scored more than 30 points in 10 of their last 12, one of those not over 30 was 29, and 4 of them were over 40.

The Patriots have a good offense, but I don't think they can keep up in a horse race. Their saving grace is Belichick and their playoff experience, but I'm not sure that's enough.

New England has the #1 defense in points allowed -- 15.6 per game.

Every post of yours that I've read indicates to me that this is a disingenuous statement. You come across to me as heavily invested in being smarter than everyone else. I get the sense that you have taken smug delight in the Saints struggles the last few years and look forward to having another "told you so" moment at the end of the 2017 season.

I don't doubt that you would like to see them be successful this year, but I think you would actually be more satisfied if they struggle again. I could be wrong, but it's how you come across to me.

Much rather eat crow, than say "I told you so" and that would take you getting to know me to understand that. Still, history of this league shows that only a few coach reinvented themselves and won after each a long period of losing. Most coaches that have a 7-9, 7-9, 7-9 record are shown the door, not given an extension in the middle of that.

But yeah, if he has a rabbit in his hat, brother, he needs to pull that thing out next season.

New England has the #1 defense in points allowed -- 15.6 per game.
Thank you, I was just coming to post the same. To say the Patriots don't have a good defense is just ignoring facts. Belichick's calling card is defense. Hell, they held the Steelers to 9 points before garbage time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom