The ‘still early’ 7-Round Saints Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

mrwhodat

Saintiac
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Could this really come true? I mean, injuries are concern but...

Reuben Foster, LB
Carl Lawson, DE
Kevin King, CB
Jeremy McNichols, RB
Trent Taylor, RB
Tashawn Bower, DE

The ‘still early’ 7-Round New Orleans Saints Mock Draft

There’s going to be skepticism on taking Foster by some teams due to the fact the Alabama defender is having surgery for a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder. While that figures to be a common theme for Crimson Tide players, it certainly doesn’t mean teams should ignore what Foster brings to the table. If it were an injury to the lower part of his body, then there’d be a lot more reason for concern.

Quite simply put, he’s the premiere linebacker in the draft. Yes, it will be unfortunate that he won’t be in the mix until likely July for whatever club that takes him. However, he’s worth waiting for and not letting slip into the later part of the first round or go to the second. Foster virtually crosses every ‘t’ and dots every ‘i’ when looking at his film and play. Drafting him would place him as a Will linebacker alongside Craig Robertson.

Jeremy McNichols in the 4th!? That would be amazing if he lasts that long. Not crazy about the first 2 picks. W have enough players with history of injuries.

1. Solomon Thomas
2. Adoree Jackson
3. Tyus Bowser
4. Jeremy McNichols

Round 1
Soloman Thomas-DE

Round 2
Desmond King-CB

Round 3
Even Ingram-TE

Round 4
Budda Baker-S

Round 5
Kendall Beckwith-MLB

Round 6
AJ Jefferson-DE

Round 7
Victor Boldin-KR

FA...Melvin Ingram, Nick Farley, Trumaine Johnson, Guard??

Round 1
Soloman Thomas-DE

Round 2
Desmond King-CB

Round 3
Even Ingram-TE

Round 4
Budda Baker-S

Round 5
Kendall Beckwith-MLB

Round 6
AJ Jefferson-DE

Round 7
Victor Boldin-KR

FA...Melvin Ingram, Nick Farley, Trumaine Johnson, Guard??

I would go absolutely bonkers over this haul, but I doubt Baker makes it to the 4th. If he did, that would be a dream come true.

Round 1
Soloman Thomas-DE

Round 2
Adoree Jackson-CB

Round 3
Tyus Bowser-EDGE

Round 4
Jeremy McNichols-RB

Round 5
Kendall Beckwith-MLB

FA...Nick Fairley, AJ Bouye, Kevin Zeitler, AJ Klein

Why are folks projecting Soloman at edge, he seems like a 3tech to me. He'll give us what we currently have in Rankins.

Why are folks projecting Soloman at edge, he seems like a 3tech to me. He'll give us what we currently have in Rankins.

Many scouts, analysts, and fans believe he has the ability to play DE. Many believe he could even be a 3-4 OLB.

Edit: I guess I didn't really answer your question. It's really for the same reason people thought Malcolm Jenkins could play FS, Deone Buchanon could play WLB, and Haason Reddick could play ILB, even before the Senior Bowl. There are a ton of examples and I think it just comes down to the player's athletic ability and the "eye test".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom