The “flip the script and say something positive” thread (1 Viewer)

26ISTHEMAN

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I’m so tired of the constant negativity and dread on SR since the Minn game, I thought I would start this thread to shine light on the good and give folks a chance to give their take on why the Saints are built to win going forward. I’ll start with a few of my thoughts:

1. Youth. We have a lot of young talent on this team. No reason to think they won’t improve in the coming years.
2. We’ve gotten really good at drafting. Our recent drafts have been phenomenal and form the core for the future.
3. Deonte Harris is the real deal. He is exceptional at kick returns and should be incorporated into the offense more next year.
4. Demario Davis is the top-3, every down LB we’ve been yearning for since the Dome Patrol.
5. CGM. Got the richest WR contract in history and didn’t let off one bit where so many others had faded away after getting their money.

Obviously there’s more, but I’ll let someone else chime in. It actually feels good typing this. Give it a shot for a change.

Going to give you a thumbs up need more posts like this one.

Getting tired of all the "Football is Dead to me", "I don't care anymore" type of posts. It just sounds like empty emotional threats, because we had to read a ton of those kind of posts after the last Two seasons ended.. and almost all those posters came back the following season when the Saints started to have some success again.

I get it having your favorite team lose in the playoffs is tough, but if you haven't processed it and emotionally come to terms with it yet.. Maybe just maybe continuing to browse the main SSF board and continue to post "Woe is me, football is dead type" posts isn't the best idea? Some of us are actively looking forward to how this team approaches the off-season, and draft and are still fans of the sport in general. Just go outside, go camping, fishing, play with your kids, browse the Everything Else forum, pick up a new hobby, play videogames.. there's so much else to do in life than get overly emotional about a Pro Football team..

Overall health of the franchise is outstanding.

My "negativity" is more about my concerns wrt the QB spot and where we go from there. But regardless of who's at QB, we've proven that we have an incredible scouting staff and will continue to bring more talent into the program.

I am very optimistic about this franchise moving forward as long as Mrs. Benson owns the team and SP is in charge.

really there is not much to be doom and gloom about. We knew early on this year that this team could be missing a few key pieces but it isn't many. With drafts like we had, you will always be competitive. All of the pain is associated with the last few years are due to expectations and close call. But we are still in the position, as far as health of a franchise goes, that 90 percent of the rest of the league is only dreaming of.

Going to give you a thumbs up need more posts like this one.

Getting tired of all the "Football is Dead to me", "I don't care anymore" type of posts. It just sounds like empty emotional threats, because we had to read a ton of those kind of posts after the last Two seasons ended.. and almost all those posters came back the following season when the Saints started to have some success again.

I get it having your favorite team lose in the playoffs is tough, but if you haven't processed it and emotionally come to terms with it yet.. Maybe just maybe continuing to browse the main SSF board and continue to post "Woe is me, football is dead type" posts isn't the best idea? Some of us are actively looking forward to how this team approaches the off-season, and draft and are still fans of the sport in general. Just go outside, go camping, fishing, play with your kids, browse the Everything Else forum, pick up a new hobby, play videogames.. there's so much else to do in life than get overly emotional about a Pro Football team..

You got that right! ???

There are so many things to enjoy in life & to be grateful for even the small blessings.

Life goes on............

really there is not much to be doom and gloom about. We knew early on this year that this team could be missing a few key pieces but it isn't many. With drafts like we had, you will always be competitive. All of the pain is associated with the last few years are due to expectations and close call. But we are still in the position, as far as health of a franchise goes, that 90 percent of the rest of the league is only dreaming of.
You wouldn’t know it from the front page of SR. I get the agony after a loss, but it is off the charts this year.

I’ll throw 2 positive things out there and end with a positive prediction.

#1 The Saints are still relevant and will remain contenders for the title

#2 The Pelicans are playing better and better and Zion is coming back.

Prediction: Both the Saints and the Pelicans will win a championship in this decade.

You wouldn’t know it from the front page of SR. I get the agony after a loss, but it is off the charts this year.

I really think it’s because this loss felt like re-living the last two years of painful losses all over again.

This entire season felt like chasing redemption. I don’t think anyone (including those in the organization) really turned the page after last year, emotionally.

Completely understandable. But it’s like you feel it all over again. I think things will be better moving forward. But these have been painful.

I love this team and always will. We have great/elite players at every level to build around. Just need to fill in some spaces between them.

RB-AK
WR-MT & Harris
OL-Ram, McCoy, Armstead
DL-Davenport, Hendrickson, & Granderson
LB-Davis, Anzalone
CB-Lattimore
S-Bell & CGJ

It could be that this loss is the culmination of our frustration as fans at being eliminated first by a bad play, then by an uncalled penalty, and finally by a clunker of a game in a lot of aspects. Then you have the Brees window closing. And we have all these expiring contracts.

We have a long offseason looming. Which coaches besides Nolan will get poached?

So, there's plenty of concern to go around.

On the other hand, the team has immensely accomplished players at every part of the roster; QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, and S. How has the drafting been lately? That's what I thought. Was there a single free agency flop last year? Maybe the most important thing is that so far, only one coach has been lost. For sure, it's difficult to get over this latest playoff debacle--but there is plenty of positivity regarding the team as well.

It could be that this loss is the culmination of our frustration as fans at being eliminated first by a bad play, then by an uncalled penalty, and finally by a clunker of a game in a lot of aspects.

Agree completely.

It wasn’t one playoff loss to a lot of us. It was all six (especially the last three) slapping us in the face again because there was no real closure after last year.

Agree completely.

It wasn’t one playoff loss to a lot of us. It was all six (especially the last three) slapping us in the face again because there was no real closure after last year.
I understand the fan reaction. I just want this thread to be about something other than doom and gloom.

The last 3 years teams have been good enough to make it to the big dance. The team that lost to the first Minn miracle was the best team and I had no doubt that team was going to win the SB. That team would have went to Philly and kicked their butt. Our franchise is very strong and I do not see an end to being in the postseason. We have to find a way to stop choking in critical late game scenarios. You can’t take for granted these playoff trips. They don’t grow on trees as we all know how long it took to even win one game. 1 play at a critical time in these games has kept us from winning and possibly SB wins. I don’t know how to fix choking but it has to be fixed. I am very positive about the state of the franchise and that we will continue to make the playoffs and that is the most important thing. You have to make the tournament in able to have a shot at the SB. Once in anything can happen so we will continue to have a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom