N/S The 00s San Diego Chargers (1 Viewer)

As a former charger fan, that 14-2 team in 06-07 should have won the Superbowl. They had the Patriots beaten but McCree just had to fumble the game winning interception. They definitely would have beaten the Colts the next week (they always owned Manning) and the Bears in the Superbowl.

Norv Turner was a horrible coach. Merriman was never the same after the Titans targeted his knees and he tried to play out the rest of the 07-08 season.

I counter your valid point with: but Bettis was unique and played for a team that people liked.
Bettis in his prime was unstoppable. He truly was what his nicknane stated a Human Bus.

And he's the 8th leading rusher in NFL history. Right ahead of Dickerson and Dorsett. And he rushed for more TDs than either.

They fed him the ball. His yards per carry are awful. Can’t imagine anyone in the HOF with less.

They fed him the ball. His yards per carry are awful. Can’t imagine anyone in the HOF with less.

Terrell Davis: 7607 yds 60tds
(to this day I have no idea how he got inducted into the hof - yes I know his career got cut short due to injury. but do people get inducted on "what could have been" stats?)

Terrell Davis: 7607 yds 60tds
(to this day I have no idea how he got inducted into the hof - yes I know his career got cut short due to injury. but do people get inducted on "what could have been" stats?)
He was a major part of the back to back Broncos Super Bowls.

And he's the 8th leading rusher in NFL history. Right ahead of Dickerson and Dorsett. And he rushed for more TDs than either.
For me, thats a "longevity" stat to give bettis an argument. Much like frank gore.

MAYBE just one year you can say he was a top 3 runningback?? His resume to me does not scream HOF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom