The 2006 Saints had a nice ride, but (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
One could make an argume that the 2006 Saints was the best/most successful pro team in New Orleans history.

Unfortunately, it only took two years but their crown looks like it's about to be taken off. And it's not by the 07/08 Saints like we thought it would be.

This Hornets team is seriously playing the best ball I have ever seen in this city. #1 in the West and they are just flat out dominating all the teams they play.

Of course, there legacy will be cemented by what they do in the playoffs, but it's looking alot more likely like the Hornets will be the first team to play for a championship in this city.

And before this thread gets moved to the Hornets board, I feel it deserves to stay on the Super Forum. This isn't a strictly "Support your Hornets" post, this is a post trying to say that the 06 Saints will possibly not even come close to comparing to the 08 Hornets (success wise).

It would be sad and a real shame after all this time for the Saints to have to watch the Hornets play for all the marbles before they ever got even a taste of doing so.

But, then, considering Saints history, can anyone argue the appropriateness of that happening? :dunno:
Heck, maybe it's the fateful "pathetic" thing that needs to happen before the Saints can rise above the water line and put the past to rest...

I see what you're trying to say but "pathetic" isn't the word I would use for the Hornets winning a championship before the Saints.

The Hornets have put together a great team and they actually have their superstar player performing at an elite level.

And that's not a slight at Reggie. I'm a huge fan of his and I think he will bounce back strongly next year. But if Reggie was actually performing football wise the way CP3 is performing basketball wise, he'd be the biggest sports star in the world behind LeBron.

it wouldnt be a shame. i hope the hornets win it all this yr!!!
of course i hope the saints do the same but...

Maybe a deep Hornets run would motivate the Saints in a "If there can do it, so can we." Far fetched sure, but who knows.

But if Reggie was actually performing football wise the way CP3 is performing basketball wise, he'd be the biggest sports star in the world behind LeBron.

This was Reggie's second year. Tell me what CP3 did in his second year. Much like Reggie he was out or playing with an injury. I think that's not a fair comparison.

A Celtics-Hornets final would be fine with me, but I never, repeat never, look at the Saints in the context of what the Hornets do or have done.

First of all the Basketball Season has its ups and downs, Im very happy the Hornets seem to be an elite Western Conference team but the Playoffs are a whole thing different ask Dallas last year.

The Hornets have not one a playoff series since 2002. The Saints went to the equal of the Western Conference finals last year, in going to the NFC Championship game.

In the NBA you survive the long season because the real season starts in May.

yes I am a huge saints fan -- but a NBA title in New Orleans is a good thing -- I only hope that the attendance starts going up --

What the hey? The Broncos never won a super bowl untill that hockey team moved to Denver and won it all. Maybe we need the Hornets to win it.

I seem to remember several sports cities that had simultanious championships on multiple teams.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom