The 2019 Gauntlet (1 Viewer)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
These first 7 games of the year have been as tough a stretch as any I can remember for the Saints. The gauntlet was laid down and the Saints came through it 6-1. The remaining schedule looks much more manageable. Obviously this is the NFL and there are no easy games, things can change and all that, but just look at this...

Texans - 4-3
Rams - 4-3
Seahawks - 5-2
Cowboys - 4-3
Bucs - 2-4
Jags - 3-4
Bears - 3-3

Of our first seven opponents, four have a winning record. Of our next five opponents, one has a winning record...

Cardinals - 3-3-1
falcons -1-6
Bucs - 2-4

Panthers - 4-2
falcons - 1-6

Looks great compared to what the Panthers have coming up...

49ers - 6-0
Titans - 3-4
Packers - 6-1
falcons - 1-6
Saints - 6-1

And the 49ers...

Panthers -4-2
Cards - 3-3-1
Seahawks - 5-2
Cards - 3-3-1
Packers - 6-1

You don't really ever know what will happen from one season to the next. Heading into last year, the early games looked easier than the later ones. Turns out, the opposite was nearly true. Lost to Tampa, lucky to have beaten the Browns, then a heart-stopping shootout on the road against the Failclowns.

This year, our early stretch looked tougher than the back half, and here we are 6-1. And it's not the Lambs but the 49ers now looking like the team to start rooting against each week as we fight for HFA again. I don't think they stay undefeated up to the Dec. 8 game in the Dome, but they look to be the team to beat in the NFCW.

You don't really ever know what will happen from one season to the next. Heading into last year, the early games looked easier than the later ones. Turns out, the opposite was nearly true. Lost to Tampa, lucky to have beaten the Browns, then a heart-stopping shootout on the road against the Failclowns.

This year, our early stretch looked tougher than the back half, and here we are 6-1. And it's not the Lambs but the 49ers now looking like the team to start rooting against each week as we fight for HFA again. I don't think they stay undefeated up to the Dec. 8 game in the Dome, but they look to be the team to beat in the NFCW.
49's and GB. Vikings, well, Cousins will go back to being Cousins. I'm to even root for the panties in the 49's game.

This looks like an opportunity for the Saints to create some separation in the division and keep pace with the NFC leaders. To be 6-1 right now is just unreal. We hoped Teddy could keep us around .500 to remain within striking distance once Drew returned. So now instead of being within striking distance, we're one of the teams being chased.

It's been great for this team to see that they can win without Drew. They've been doing a high wire act without the Drew Brees net. I wonder how they'll respond once the net is restored? Hopefully they can play with the same sense of urgency and continue to limit mistakes. Just thinking about this team with Drew Brees at QB, this is going to be something special.

These first 7 games of the year have been as tough a stretch as any I can remember for the Saints. The gauntlet was laid down and the Saints came through it 6-1. The remaining schedule looks much more manageable. Obviously this is the NFL and there are no easy games, things can change and all that, but just look at this...

Texans - 4-3
Rams - 4-3
Seahawks - 5-2
Cowboys - 4-3
Bucs - 2-4
Jags - 3-4
Bears - 3-3

Of our first seven opponents, four have a winning record. Of our next five opponents, one has a winning record...

Cardinals - 3-3-1
falcons -1-6
Bucs - 2-4

Panthers - 4-2
falcons - 1-6

Looks great compared to what the Panthers have coming up...

49ers - 6-0
Titans - 3-4
Packers - 6-1
falcons - 1-6
Saints - 6-1

And the 49ers...

Panthers -4-2
Cards - 3-3-1
Seahawks - 5-2
Cards - 3-3-1
Packers - 6-1

Great stuff Drago. Thx much for all your work on this post!

This looks like an opportunity for the Saints to create some separation in the division and keep pace with the NFC leaders. To be 6-1 right now is just unreal. We hoped Teddy could keep us around .500 to remain within striking distance once Drew returned. So now instead of being within striking distance, we're one of the teams being chased.

It's been great for this team to see that they can win without Drew. They've been doing a high wire act without the Drew Brees net. I wonder how they'll respond once the net is restored? Hopefully they can play with the same sense of urgency and continue to limit mistakes. Just thinking about this team with Drew Brees at QB, this is going to be something special.
All preseason, I don't think any of the Saints fans thought the Saints would be 6-1 through this brutal stretch. I really don't think anybody will relax. They are on a mission. This is a truly special team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom