The 2019 Open Championship (1 Viewer)

Too bad that Woods crashed & burned so quickly in Round One.
A lot of folks have already tuned out of this major tournament.

This is not the Tiger we saw back in April at Augusta. He looks like he is in a lot of pain to me. It's a miracle he can play at all after 5 back surgeries. I wouldn't be surprised if he withdrew.

David Duval will be back on Golf Channel coverage on Saturday as he posted a +19 today.

EDIT: Duval started with 2 birdies but really derailed at the 7th. He shot 13 on the par 5 7th hole. Octuple bogey?

There has been a change on the tourney website scoreboard. Duval actually shot 20 over, with him actually taking a 14 on the par 5 7th hole. A nontuple bogey I guess.

This is not the Tiger we saw back in April at Augusta. He looks like he is in a lot of pain to me. It's a miracle he can play at all after 5 back surgeries. I wouldn't be surprised if he withdrew.
I'm really kind of expecting him to drag up at this point.
Perhaps him and Duval should give it a rest after this disaster today.

There has been a change on the tourney website scoreboard. Duval actually shot 20 over, with him actually taking a 14 on the par 5 7th hole. A nontuple bogey I guess.
He lost his first ball had to re-tee, lost his second ball had to re-tee, hit third ball in rough played it to the green only to find out it wasn't his ball (penalty) couldn't find third ball and had to re-tee again. He got his money's worth out of that hole.

They had to do a lot of math. Now what did the guy whose ball he hit do?

It was not the ball of another player. There are probably balls in that thick rough from years ago.
Interestingly the rules say that a player has the right to move a ball to inspect if is the ball with his unique mark, as long as he returns the ball to the same lie as before. But some seem to simply accept the marshal's word that they have located the right ball.

Perhaps they could use that rule more often to avoid that huge penalty of playing the wrong ball.

BTW - Tiger is officially heading back home for the weekend. :jpshakehead:

This tournament is boring. I haven't heard one "GET IN THE HOLE!" yet. Some big names are going to miss the cut.

This tournament is boring. I haven't heard one "GET IN THE HOLE!" yet. Some big names are going to miss the cut.
Probably one of the better 'feel good' stories of the Open this year is that of Dylan Frittelli, the guy who had to win on the PGA Tour last week to even get in the field this week. He was tied for the lead with two holes to play in Round 2 but gave some back at the end.

However, he is still very much in contention and is playing better than most of the favorites so far. It would be quite a story if he could pull it off.

Poor Rory. He tied for the best round of the tournament today and will still probably miss the cut. Hoping cut goes to +2 and he makes it, but doesn't seem likely.

Agreed about it being mostly boring. The course isn't especially challenging, no Tiger, no Phil...I probably won't really watch much more until the last hour or so of coverage on Sunday.

Poor Rory. He tied for the best round of the tournament today and will still probably miss the cut. Hoping cut goes to +2 and he makes it, but doesn't seem likely.

Agreed about it being mostly boring. The course isn't especially challenging, no Tiger, no Phil...I probably won't really watch much more until the last hour or so of coverage on Sunday.
Neither me. Unless the rain falls all weekend long.

I watched the Open on Saturday off and on but saw much of the final round. There were few really big names at the top, and Lowry's lead was substantial throughout the final round, but with the weather conditions as frightful as they were, one never knew. It was nice seeing Lowry win.

But the number of commercials during the broadcast grew old quickly. No one else does it like CBS covering the Masters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom